Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 10:18:42 AM EDT
I am in the market for a 1911 style handgun and am flip/floping between the GSR and a Kimber.

I am shying away from the Kimber due to issues I am hearing about their external extractors, however the GSR has an ext. extractor as well, does anyone have any experience with either ?

Also does the GSR accept standard 1911 grips? (I am looking at adding lasergrips to whichever I end up going with :)

Any help is apreciated,
Thanks,
RGUARD
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the GSR a little over a year ago.  I was flip flopping back and forth between the Kimber TLE II and the GSR also.  Very happy with my decision.  I have a very early production (serial #2300).  Out of the box it had a problem extracting spent cases.  Sent it to Sig, had it back in two weeks (they paid for all shipping) and since then I have fired about 1200 rounds.  No failures whatsoever.  I've never fired a Kimber but I have no need for one now.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top