Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 7:37:22 PM EDT
I just bought a 226, and love it, but really don't like the flat metal floorplate on the included 15 round magazines. My hands are large, and my last finger rests on the edge of the floorplate which isn't comfortable.

I dug through the dealer's box, and found several different floorplates, but no 9mm ones with the floorplate I want.

a) The flat metal ones.
b) the bumper ones, that have a "stairstep" profile
c) some that are squared off plastic but don't actually meet the grips fairly
d) one single mag that looks like the ones I'd seen on another dealer's sample gun, with an angled base and non-stairstepped front that blends well with the base of the grip, but this was a .357/.40 mag and I need 9mm. No joy on the "can I swap floorplates" idea, sadly.

Can anyone tell me how to go about ordering the floorplates, or mags with the floorplates? For range use I'd even be happy with 10 rounds mags with the nicer floorplates.

An example of what I'd like to find:

I like that one ^^^

What I don't like:

I don't like that one ^^^

I also don't like the "padded floorplate" with the stairstepped front edge.

Any guidance is great.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Call SIgArms customer service....

If all else fails, go get some thick neoprene (sp?) computer mouse pads, an Xacto knife, and some rubber cement. Trace the pad to match the floor plates and cut. Make sure you cut an access hole in the pads for base removal from the magazine. Degrease the floor plates using denatured alcohol or acetone and use the rubber cement to secure the pads.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not looking to get padding, I'm wanting the floorplates that don't project forward of the front edge of the grip.

The metal ones stick out too far and interfere with my hold by crowding my fingers. The solid plastic that follow the countour don't extend forward, and in fact create additional grip surface.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top