Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2002 8:01:32 PM EDT
I posted earlier about my 220ST not dropping the magazines freely.  I think I know why -- I believe the Trigger Bar Spring is protruding into the magazine well.

Is this something I could fix myself, or do I really need to send it all the way to New Hampshire and hope that it doesn't get lost in transit?

I wish Sig had a toll-free number...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Before you do that I would try taking the grips off. I've had occassions when the grip screw tended to bind on the mags. If they drop free while the grips are off, then just take a little off the screws.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
If thats the case, get some teeny tiny O-rings for each screw. Not only do they give more room for the magazines but the screws wont work loose either. Plus you can stop each screw in any position...slots forward or slots vertical, for those that are that picky.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It is not the screws.  Removing the grips does not help.

The Trigger Bar Spring (which is sorta L shaped) goes into a hole and it sticks out a fraction into the magazine well.

The end of the spring is cutting a groove into my magazines.

If someone could point me to a free picture hosting service, I could try to post pictures or at least a diagram.  It is NOT the screws.

Edited to add: I called them and they are going to send me a new trigger bar spring.  I hope it's not too hard to install...
Link Posted: 8/23/2002 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
At least you identified the problem, thats half the battle. Good luck with the spring. Must have been a "Monday" gun. [:\]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a couple options that come to mind.
1. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and try to bend the wire so that it lays in the recess properly. This may be difficult due to the spring treatment of the wire.

2. Take a thin piece of rubber and poke the spring thru it (to act as a gasket) before placing it in the hole in the frame. This should reduce the length of the wire protruding into the Mag Well.

3. Take a pair of wire cutters and trim a LITTLE off the end of the spring.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a new spring -- the first time I tried installing it, the end still stuck into the mag well.  I redid the installation but got the end of the spring to rest inside the hole in the frame and it worked!  It is so far staying in place, the trigger still works, and now my magazines drop free.

Is there a blind hole within the hole for the L-shaped end to go?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top