Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 12:15:21 PM EDT
Im looking for a tactical light for my P229R and came across the Insight Technologies M3 Weapon Light.  I found one for just over 100 bucks which is within my budget.  Anyone have any experience with this light/pistol combo?

Joe
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
M3's are fine, and thats a pretty good price.  It will compliment the gun very well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Horrible light and on my do not buy list.  Extended use will bend, crack then break the control switches.  For $50 more get the X200, an excellent light.  Have know lots of people who have over adjusted the focus on the M3 and destroyed the bulbs.

M3X is better constructed.  Still prefer the X200.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had an M3 for about 2 years now - gets LOTS of use, and lots of range time in and out of my Safariland 6280 (use that rig for warrant service, etc).  I have had 0 problems with mine.  I don't use the toggle switch, I have "remote" switches (both handgun and long gun) that I use with the weapon mounted.

I've seen the Surefire X200s, and they look like nice lights; but I haven't seen anywhere selling them under $200.  The M3s, by comparison, can be had all day long for well under $100 on eBay (last one I saw was about $80).

If your budget is tight, I'd get the M3, recognizing that it might not live up to lots of HARD use.  The M3X is more "agent proof" - and you can occasionally find those in the sub- $100 range on eBay and elsewhere.  If you get the Surefire, be sure you know which model you want - the X200A has a very tight, focused beam, which some people prefer for the "dazzle" factor if you hit the BG in the eyes with it; the X200B has a diffused beam that's probably better suited for general search/target location/ID work.

Regards,

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an M3 on my AR15 and one on my Rem870. They have also been on a P220R, Glock 20, G17, G22 and all I've ever had to do is replace the batteries. I love these lights and they will (have) taken a beating and keep on ticking.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my X200A at a gun shoe $150 out the door. Just need to look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top