Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:01:06 PM EDT
I haven’t seen one in person but it just looks like the standard trigger but the trigger its self was cut deeper and took off more material.  If anyone has one, or have used one, I’d like to hear what you have to say about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have them in all the models of sig I own that they make them for.  I have a small grip and prefer short triggers in general whether I need them or not, especially on double actions.  The rear of the trigger is the same position, but the front isn't as deep so the reach isn't as far.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Im the opposite of Mike, I have large hands and long fingers.  The short trigger feels much better for me...for the 1st DA shot only.  After that, in single action, my trigger finger feels cramped with the frame at that point.

Its totally subjective and totally dependant on what works for YOU.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its totally subjective and totally dependant on what works for YOU.

+1000

You need to feel one and decide if it fits you better or not, everyone has their own needs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
As has already been pointed out, only you can answer that question.

I swapped out quite a few where I used to work, typically for females.  About half the time, I wound up putting the original trigger back in.  

I tried one myself, but didn’t like it.

For someone with truly short fingers, the short trigger is great.  For everyone else, it seems like their trigger finger starts getting up against the frame.

Plus, in my very subjective opinion, it seems to make the trigger pull a bit harder.  Maybe that’s from the slight change in angle that it causes, very possibly combined with my particular hand size.  Anyway, for me the longer trigger seems to offer a little more leverage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top