Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
Looks hot, but is the only difference is the barrel? (unlike H&K) So any one know where I could buy a OEM P226r Tactical barrel so that I can turn a P226r in to one
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrel and taller sights.  The barrel isn't available by itself.  Barsto can make you one, about $250 I think.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sights look the same to me, and I want an OEM Tac barrel
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want an OEM Tactical barrel you have to buy a Tactical.  So what are you going to do?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you want an OEM Tactical barrel you have to buy a Tactical.  So what are you going to do?

not spending $1k on a P226r with a threaded barrel. Dont you think thats silly? H&K at least offers other bells and whistles on their Tacticals, then just a different barrel. I'll stick with a P226r and get the barrel later.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
An OEM Tactical Barrel is "$800+" according to customer service.  She continued, "that is, if one would ever become available.  As of now, there are none in inventory and none on order."  "They brought them over specifically for the P226R-Tac run and used them all."

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#7]
No problem.  I actually had a 226R-Tac and traded it in to my dealer on another purchase...BUT he let me swap out and keep the Tac barrel because I substituted an OEM regular 226 barrel (lost big time on the trade but got to keep the barrel as a seprarate item for future use).  Eventually, I got tired of looking at the barrel sitting there (plus I needed the funds for our new little girl) and sold it last month on GB....doh!!!!  Yeah, I regret it big time.

At least the buyer turned out to be a great guy.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top