Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2021 10:31:41 AM EDT
I have a M17 with a DPP on it and love it but really like the cowitness set up I have on my P320c RX with the Romeo 1.

Unfortunately the DPP does not have the relief cut in it like the Romeo does so the front sight needs to be taller ( I plan on using the DPP rear sight )

What height front sight are people using ?  Measuring it looks like I’d need  a .392 sight. Closest I can find is an ameriglo which is a .390

Dawson makes stupid tall ones with sharp corners on them.  Not a fan.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
0.4 front
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone on a sig group I’m in on Facebook posted nightfision as an option for some other guy.  Their websight has one that’s .402 overall height so I’m thinking that might work

Anyone try this brand ? www.nightfison.com Never heard of them personally
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone on a sig group I’m in on Facebook posted nightfision as an option for some other guy.  Their websight has one that’s .402 overall height so I’m thinking that might work

Anyone try this brand ? www.nightfison.com Never heard of them personally
View Quote

Yes. I have a few pistols with Night Fision stuff. It's good to go. I like the front color ring options you can possibly get.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Dawson Precision for the Win!
Either .390 or .4 will be fine.
Dawson
Really is the best option. I knocked off the sharp edges with a file and repainted them.

Cp
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered the .400 and the .390 sights.  One should be close.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dawson Precision for the Win!
Either .390 or .4 will be fine.
Dawson
Really is the best option. I knocked off the sharp edges with a file and repainted them.

Cp
View Quote

Wow.  Those are damn tall.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Let me know how those 400 and 390s turn out!  I’m not ready to order just yet but will be soon.   Going with the night fison I’ve decided.

I have a set of Dawson’s on another gun that came on it used and I’m just not a fan of them
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow.  Those are damn tall.
View Quote

They really are, but so is the body of the DPP.

Honestly, I haven’t been running back ups anyway on most of my guns. I’ve been getting pretty proficient  using the optic body to bracket shots in the event the dot would go down. I still have my doubts about back ups being a viable option anyway in a real world situation. Competition, sure it’s nice to finish the series, but if the dot goes down real world, it’s probably damaged so bad that irons wouldn’t be visible anyway.
Just my $.02
Cp
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Honestly, I haven’t been running back ups anyway on most of my guns. I’ve been getting pretty proficient  using the optic body to bracket shots in the event the dot would go down. I still have my doubts about back ups being a viable option anyway in a real world situation. Competition, sure it’s nice to finish the series, but if the dot goes down real world, it’s probably damaged so bad that irons wouldn’t be visible anyway.
Just my $.02
Cp
View Quote

For me, the irons are how I find the dot. I start to aim normally with the cowitnessed sights and then the dot just appears.  I have another pistol with an RDS and no irons and I have to hunt more for the dot.  I'm sure I could work it out with practice, but I'm an old dog.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Honestly, I haven't been running back ups anyway on most of my guns. I've been getting pretty proficient  using the optic body to bracket shots in the event the dot would go down. I still have my doubts about back ups being a viable option anyway in a real world situation. Competition, sure it's nice to finish the series, but if the dot goes down real world, it's probably damaged so bad that irons wouldn't be visible anyway.
Just my $.02
Cp
View Quote
You probably aren't wrong, but I have slightly more faith in irons than I do advanced circuit boards.

And I have 3RMR type 2's and a 507cV2
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I don’t think I ever really used the irons to find the dot. But that makes sense for most people probably. Consistent presentation is the key. I was taught early on, that if you can’t find the dot, think “muzzle down” on presentation and the dot comes from the top almost every time. As long as your grip is consistent on presentation you will find it. At least that’s what works for me.
Cp
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't think I ever really used the irons to find the dot. But that makes sense for most people probably. ...
View Quote
I find myself doing the same thing - using the front to locate the dot. I think of it as training wheels while I'm getting used to presentation & acquisition with a dot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top