Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2021 5:35:15 AM EDT
So my department requires the our duty guns have this locking takedown lever. If you want to change your grip, you have to get it swapped by the range guys and requalify. I have a couple different grips I want to try out on my own before I go and bother the range guys. Does anyone know where I can get this key? Also this is not a department owned gun, we have to buy our own.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
So you can't even field strip and clean your own personally owned firearm used for LEO duty?

Wow...................

Is this a Sig part or aftermarket? I'd start with finding out who makes it and see if the manufacturer will sell you one.

That kind of looks like an older Steyr aug sight adjustment tool set up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
What the hell

Looks like some snap ring pliers should do the trick
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So you can't even field strip and clean your own personally owned firearm used for LEO duty?

Wow...................

Is this a Sig part or aftermarket? I'd start with finding out who makes it and see if the manufacturer will sell you one.

That kind of looks like an older Steyr aug sight adjustment tool set up.
View Quote
Yeah, no way to take out the FCU. Not sure who makes the part. We purchase our dept approved P320s form a gun store in Indiana and they are spec'd out to have this locking lever and the barrel has to be serialized to match the FCU.
Quoted:
What the hell

Looks like some snap ring pliers should do the trick
https://cdn.mscdirect.com/global/images/ProductImages/0810005-24.jpg
View Quote
Thanks. Looks like that might do the trick.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I am very curious about how it works and what it looks like.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So my department requires the our duty guns have this locking takedown lever. If you want to change your grip, you have to get it swapped by the range guys and requalify. I have a couple different grips I want to try out on my own before I go and bother the range guys. Does anyone know where I can get this key? Also this is not a department owned gun, we have to buy our own.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191803/PXL_20210503_035838530_jpg-1927750.JPG

View Quote

Get over to a Lowes/Home Depot/Ace Hardware (etc.) and pickup a security bit set.  Dewalt has one, part number DWA1SECMF6. Their specific bit is the Dewalt #10.  

Another interesting tidbit on those -Chicago guns is that the barrels are stamped with the serial number.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks just like a gun trigger lock that has a two prong key.  So if you can find one at a local gun shop or look on line for a trigger lock with keys.  Sad that do that to you.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#7]
A good excuse to get out the set of snap rings pliers that are seldom used.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get over to a Lowes/Home Depot/Ace Hardware (etc.) and pickup a security bit set.  Dewalt has one, part number DWA1SECMF6. Their specific bit is the Dewalt #10.  

Another interesting tidbit on those -Chicago guns is that the barrels are stamped with the serial number.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191803/PXL_20210503_035838530_jpg-1927750.JPG

This. You can also order it from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/100-Piece-Security-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Vanadium/dp/B0744BTGJ8
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Spanner Bit is what you're looking for.
Harbor Freight has a cheap set.

If that doesn't have the size you need.
Wise Pro 90 degree snap ring pliers off of Amazon
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Did they do the locking extractor plunger too?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did they do the locking extractor plunger too?
View Quote

Not on those.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Stupid and interesting.

It looks just like what was originally spec for the M17/M18 for the MHS.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I kinda want one. Just to have it in the p320 parts box.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I kinda want one. Just to have it in the p320 parts box.
View Quote

Me too. Cause I'm a bit of M17/M18/MHS weirdo.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for your help guys. Got it off with one of those security bits.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#16]
What in the hell...

I was expecting some kind of fancy locking mechanism.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Wtf is the point of that?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]
You didn't even need the Lock-picking Lawyer for that one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess it's to discourage officers from swapping out their grips to something that's not approved. For example I asked the range guy if I can use the Wilson Combat grip, but he said only grip modules that are on the SIG website are approved.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of departments have rules about officers doing anything to their guns, meaning department owned, beyond a basic cleaning. Some include rules that even if you own the gun, you still are not allowed to do anything to it.

For the insistent person, that little screw won’t stop them. Example is the OP. However, that little screw will keep most non gun people from messing with it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess it's to discourage officers from swapping out their grips to something that's not approved. For example I asked the range guy if I can use the Wilson Combat grip, but he said only grip modules that are on the SIG website are approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it’s worth then, the X-series grips like the X-carry are far superior to the standard P320 grip. I don’t even know why Sig bothers to continue to produce that garbage module.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top