Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2021 5:22:37 PM EDT
Greetings all!

So, much to my surprise, my searches here have proved fruitless, so I guess I’ll start from scratch.

I have decided I want to remove the manual safety from my P320-M17.  Too many years carrying a Glock, I guess, I just can’t get back into the swing of that manual safety.

Anyway, there are plenty of videos on youtube about how to do it and it looks easy.  I’ve already ordered a safety lever pin and a grip module without the manual safety cutout from Sig, should be here in a day or two.

Question... some videos say that you need to remove the trigger bar before you can remove the manual safety.  One I just watched said that you need to remove the trigger bar and replace it with a non-manual-safety trigger bar...

Whereas other videos clearly show them removing the manual safety without ever touching the trigger bar at all.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

Sig doesn’t appear to even sell a “non-manual-safety” trigger bar.  

So... has anyone actually done this? Do I need to worry about this trigger bar or not?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the stock trigger bar. Works just fine
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did it a couple weeks ago, you do not need to remove the trigger bar at all to do the safety delete.

There is a pin you will push in and after you remove the safety and install the safety delete pin is when you would push the pin you pushed in early back the other direction.

There is a video on youtube that shows this and it is the best and easiest one to follow. You do NOT need to change you trigger bar.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
There are *many* videos that show this, half of which seem to remove the trigger bar.

Which one is the best that you’re talking about? I’d like to check it out as well.

I almost wonder if maybe early versions of the P320 required it to be removed or something.  Hard to believe that so many would go on and on about it if there were no need to mess with it...

*shrug*

But anyway, so, when I do mine, I won’t worry about it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just did it a couple weeks ago, you do not need to remove the trigger bar at all to do the safety delete.

There is a pin you will push in and after you remove the safety and install the safety delete pin is when you would push the pin you pushed in early back the other direction.

There is a video on youtube that shows this and it is the best and easiest one to follow. You do NOT need to change you trigger bar.
View Quote

This. I used this video to walk it through.

SIG P320 M17 Safety Removal

EZ
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are *many* videos that show this, half of which seem to remove the trigger bar.

Which one is the best that you’re talking about? I’d like to check it out as well.

I almost wonder if maybe early versions of the P320 required it to be removed or something.  Hard to believe that so many would go on and on about it if there were no need to mess with it...

*shrug*

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

*shrug*

Thanks!

The one that does NOT have you remove the trigger bar. There was never a need to remove it. Even when changing the trigger, you do not need to remove the trigger bar.

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBukQh-mYwM

EZ

I second this video, straight and to the point.

ETA:

The delete is easy, and works flawlessly. Mine has been going strong using the same method in the video posted:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBukQh-mYwM

EZ
View Quote

Okay, that's one of the ones I watched.

If it worked for you when you did it, I'll use it as my guide when the new grip module and pin comes in.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The one that does NOT have you remove the trigger bar. There was never a need to remove it. Even when changing the trigger, you do not need to remove the trigger bar.

I second this video, straight and to the point.

ETA:

The delete is easy, and works flawlessly. Mine has been going strong using the same method in the video posted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457660/155D5CAE-BDAE-4077-B307-B3623ACE9C0A_jpe-1860624.JPG
View Quote

Thanks!

I'll have to post a picture of mine, too, when I'm done!  :-D
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks!

I'll have to post a picture of mine, too, when I'm done!  :-D
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Forgot to post a pic :-D

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top