Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/24/2021 12:27:00 PM EDT
I think I got a decent deal on one for my XL, 109.75, but the estimated shipping date is March 20. Anybody already get one?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen any yet but i'll pick one up when I do. I throw one on one of my XL's.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think I got a decent deal on one for my XL, 109.75, but the estimated shipping date is March 20. Anybody already get one?
View Quote

Good deal. Who did you order from?

I paid $120~ with no shipping day yet but an expected window in March.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
On my list.  I didn't realize they had a lock out on the bezel.

I need to sell some things............
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll need one for my XL...
Not a lot of pictures out there on the XL.
I was tempted to print or machine a direct adapter for an extra Olight PL2 mini.

ETA:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you order it from?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from Battery Junction. $121.xx with 10% off for signing up for their email list, came to $109.75.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
What's really different from the tlr7 other than the lower body contour?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's really different from the tlr7 other than the lower body contour?
View Quote

Fits compact proprietary rails.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fits compact proprietary rails.
View Quote

Obviously, as advertised by the name, but what is different? Did they move the crossbar back? Did they change the mount bars? Does it sit higher? Etc...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Obviously, as advertised by the name, but what is different? Did they move the crossbar back? Did they change the mount bars? Does it sit higher? Etc...
View Quote

Just made this, look at streamlight's site for more info.
Looks like the body is the same on all subs and the clamps/bars are gun specific.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just made this, look at streamlight's site for more info.
Looks like the body is the same on all subs and the clamps/bars are gun specific.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/Screenshot_20210225-105917_png-1840748.JPG
View Quote

Oh you've got to buy the one that is gun specific! That's a twist!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh you've got to buy the one that is gun specific! That's a twist!
View Quote

You should also be able to buy the individual mounting kit/key for other guns as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Battery Junction has pushed their expected date out to 3/27 and LA Police Gear has their expected date as 4/15.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Following. I don’t like to CC with a light but I like the idea of a quick attach to turn my daytime carry gun into a hotel/travel night gun.

So far nothing has been quick connect. Without a tool or adapter rail. I balked at MSRP but at $120 I’m in.

Take the light out of my bag, turn off lock out snd screw it on to serve bedside duty? Hell yeah
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Will pick up one once they and holsters are readily available.  Right now my standard Tlr7a with Tactical Development Rail and McKinatec holster fit the bill.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Battery Junction has pushed their expected delivery date out to the 2nd.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They sent me an email stating May 7th after I ordered a few days ago....
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to them on the phone this morning and the young guy was obviously reading from his screen and said that they currently expect to receive them April 2nd. He couldn’t give me a definitive answer, in regards to how long it will take them to start shipping after they receive them.

ETA: I ordered mine on February 14th and they processed my order that day.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I talked to them on the phone this morning and the young guy was obviously reading from his screen and said that they currently expect to receive them April 2nd. He couldn’t give me definitive answer, in regards to how long it will take them to start shipping after they receive them.

ETA: I ordered mine on February 14th and they processed my order that day.
View Quote

Sweet. They processed mine on the 26th, and hit my CC. Got the email about back order, and the pending charge dropped a few days later. It's all good, I'll wait it out. Would be fantastic to see it in early April!

Thanks man
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#20]
anyone get one of these yet? I'm interested to have something to slap on at night when traveling. Not interested in carrying with it full time probably
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
anyone get one of these yet? I'm interested to have something to slap on at night when traveling. Not interested in carrying with it full time probably
View Quote

When you leave your house, do you always know that you aren't going to be out after dark? I especially want light when I come home after dark.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When you leave your house, do you always know that you aren't going to be out after dark? I especially want light when I come home after dark.

View Quote

honestly, mostly yes I'm back before dark. I'm almost never out in the dark since my kids are young and bed time is like 7pm and I live in the south. I also don't go into dark buildings during my work day or buildings that would be dark if the power went out. I'm also carrying a decent enough flashlight attached to my keys for that possibility. If I am sure I'm going out at night or anything I have other, light equipped handguns that I can and do take. HD at home is light equipped long gun(s).

I want the trl 7 for the sig mostly for travel and turning the easy EDC gun into a night stand gun. I hate carrying IWB with a light. I have tried it with small guns with small lights (trl 6 on a shield) and I hate the width so I would just not do it, especially considering the "power" of those lights
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called Battery Junction the other day on my order, guy told me May 7th just like the email they had sent right after I ordered (March 26th.)

Patiently waiting..
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I called Battery Junction the other day on my order, guy told me May 7th just like the email they had sent right after I ordered (March 26th.)

Patiently waiting..
View Quote

Ordered Feb. 14. CC hit same day.

Got email stating March 27 expected shipping.

Called March 29 was told April 2 was BJ’s expected date of receiving product and shipping should begin shortly after receiving product.

April 8 and no email or product.

Sounds like the Optics Planet business model.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted: Sounds like the Optics Planet business model.
View Quote

That's no shit. I just hope they come through with it... seriously.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ordered Feb. 14. CC hit same day.

Got email stating March 27 expected shipping.

Called March 29 was told April 2 was BJ’s expected date of receiving product and shipping should begin shortly after receiving product.

April 8 and no email or product.

Sounds like the Optics Planet business model.
View Quote

They’re at the mercy of Streamlight just like everywhere else that’s selling them, and Streamlight is the ones that set that March ETA and has been pushing it back. They can’t wave their magic wand and make them appear. This is also the gun industry where almost nothing gets released on time, and there’s been a giant manufacturing backlog across almost all industries because of covid.

If you’d prefer I’m sure you can cancel your order and wait until they hit the shelves to try to order one. Don’t be surprised when you can’t find one though when the first runs sell out in minutes and it’s play that game or pay some gouger $200+ for one because they have it. The preorder doesn’t sound so bad now, huh?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

honestly, mostly yes I'm back before dark. I'm almost never out in the dark since my kids are young and bed time is like 7pm and I live in the south. I also don't go into dark buildings during my work day or buildings that would be dark if the power went out. I'm also carrying a decent enough flashlight attached to my keys for that possibility. If I am sure I'm going out at night or anything I have other, light equipped handguns that I can and do take. HD at home is light equipped long gun(s).

I want the trl 7 for the sig mostly for travel and turning the easy EDC gun into a night stand gun. I hate carrying IWB with a light. I have tried it with small guns with small lights (trl 6 on a shield) and I hate the width so I would just not do it, especially considering the "power" of those lights
View Quote

Dude it’s funny every time you post your anti light rant. I just picture Jesus walking around with a light cast upon him or something.

I’m still curious what buildings you work in or go in that don’t get dark when the power goes out. You must never go to a grocery store, a department store, or ever find yourself in a stairwell, elevator, parking garage or anything else.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dude it’s funny every time you post your anti light rant. I just picture Jesus walking around with a light cast upon him or something.

I’m still curious what buildings you work in or go in that don’t get dark when the power goes out single story school. office on the outside wall. skylights in the hall. battery back up lights in the shitter. You must never go to a grocery store all single story with skylights, a department store nope, no malls either, or ever find yourself in a stairwell nope, elevator nope, parking garage nope or anything else.
View Quote

@hiih8r it's not a rant. It's my life right now. I am in the suburbs and work in a school that's pretty open and uses a lot of natural light. I leave for it after sunrise. I leave work at 3pm. I don't shop or go anywhere that's dark without prior planning, really. If power goes out I have a flashlight in my pocket. If power goes out and that's the exact moment I need my gun? I'm probably fucked.

If I am traveling to places that have the above structures or will be out after dark, shit yeah I want a gun with a light on it. I don't want that thing poking me in my badly injured hip the whole day leading up to it though, so lemme just snap a light and go OWB when it gets dark. Or likely my kids are there so it's already sweat pants and blippi time.

I am pro light. I have spent more money on lights than a reasonable person should. I have them on everything I anticipate using for night time defense. I don't see the need outweighing the annoyance on my typical day to day
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They’re at the mercy of Streamlight just like everywhere else that’s selling them, and Streamlight is the ones that set that March ETA and has been pushing it back. They can’t wave their magic wand and make them appear. This is also the gun industry where almost nothing gets released on time, and there’s been a giant manufacturing backlog across almost all industries because of covid.

If you’d prefer I’m sure you can cancel your order and wait until they hit the shelves to try to order one. Don’t be surprised when you can’t find one though when the first runs sell out in minutes and it’s play that game or pay some gouger $200+ for one because they have it. The preorder doesn’t sound so bad now, huh?
View Quote

The overwhelming majority of retailers do not hit your CC, until they process your order for shipping.

“Dude it’s funny every time you post your...rant”, kissing another retailer’s or manufacturer’s ass, it makes me wonder if you have stickers all over your pickup.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Battery Junction put up a new expected date.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered from Battery Junction a while back but apparently y’all got there quicker.  My estimated ship date is early May.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Battery Junction put up a new expected date.
View Quote

Let's hope!! That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally got a good pic on a P365XL.
Still a little on the fence.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/streamlight-tlr-7-sub-ultra-compact-led--1903887.JPG
View Quote

CGI?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/streamlight-tlr-7-sub-ultra-compact-led--1903887.JPG
View Quote

I think that is the first pic I've seen too. I'll still get one I think.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
CGI?
View Quote

No, more vendors are listing.
Almost ordered from LAPG last night with a 20% coupon but had to deal with an angry 3yo and let it expire.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this picture has convinced me to look harder at the surefire XSC... I dont mind my TLR1 sticking out 1/2 " on my compact P320, but I don't carry that AIWB, its either OWB in a range holster or IWB 4 o'clock... that light sticking that far our on even the XL? I'm going to pass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
this picture has convinced me to look harder at the surefire XSC... I dont mind my TLR1 sticking out 1/2 " on my compact P320, but I don't carry that AIWB, its either OWB in a range holster or IWB 4 o'clock... that light sticking that far our on even the XL? I'm going to pass.
View Quote

Still relatively chunky...
Attachment Attached File

APLC on TAadapter isn't terrible
Attachment Attached File

I wish someone would make an Olight Mini direct adapter to eliminate the sliding QD mount...
The rail adapters are too tall IMO.
The maker of this adapter (TA) won't do it due to Olight mount patents.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Still relatively chunky...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/XSC-P365-XL-handgun-profileL-1500x1500-1-1904347.JPG

APLC on TAadapter isn't terrible
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/IMG_8312_1024x1024_jpg-1904353.JPG

I wish someone would make an Olight Mini direct adapter to eliminate the sliding QD mount...
The rail adapters are too tall IMO.
The maker of this adapter (TA) won't do it due to Olight mount patents.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/PLMini2_1024x1024_png-1904354.JPG
View Quote

For what’s available right now, and all things considered, the Sub is the best choice for me. I’d rather a light extend beyond the muzzle a little(looks more like a 1/4” to me), than hang below the trigger guard.

It’s $100 and will sell quickly should something I like better become available, like a better way to mount the Mini 2. If you find a better adapter, make sure to let us know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#40]
That's the one thing I hate about the Olight Mini 2. I've got one on the nightstand queen, FNS-9C. For that application it's fine. But that cheap ass QD lever system has got to go. If they'd switch over to the Streamlight "use a nickel" to tighten setup I'd be all in. And make it fit the P365 rail native. That would be fantastic.

For now, I'm all in on the TLR-7 Sub. I'm going to carry my 365 XL OWB, so I'm good with the way it is. Just have to wait for the Kydex Kings to make some holsters....

Rock on
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I preordered one in Feb from LA Police Gear, they are still showing tomorrow as the expected release date.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Another option for us. I just got an email from Kenzie's Optics..

Nightstick Subcompact Light Laser

Just let'n y'all know
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered one from LAPG just now. Still shows it ships tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#44]
I use to like having my light flush with the muzzle but after taking a shiv works course awhile back, I want my light to extend past the muzzle. One of my take aways from that class was how easy it was to cause a malfunction after the first shot when you are basically on the ground fighting with someone. It really stuck with me. Having a stand off like a weapon light helps when you are basically making contact shots.

I am going to go with the Surefire XSC but the Sub from Streamlight looks nice too. I don’t use the XL slide, just the XL module. The Surefire XSC gives me a little stand off without it being too long. The TLR-7 Sub looks like it would be significantly longer on the standard 365 slide.

One gun though that the Sub might help with is the P320 X-Compact with the 3.6” barrel. Lights for it are hard to find. I have an Olight PL2 Valkyrie on mine now but I’m not happy with the Olight. It just happens to be the only light that fits the short rail on the X-Compact, though I rarely even mount it anymore dude to it almost catching fire on me awhile back. I wonder if the 1913 TLR7 Sub vs will work on the X-Compact

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Another option for us. I just got an email from Kenzie's Optics..

Nightstick Subcompact Light Laser

Just let'n y'all know
View Quote

Looked at that one before, but it's shaped a bit like a brick...
A fat TLR6 with a green laser instead of red.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#46]
LAPG now shows the TLR-7 Sub release date as 4/30
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...I have an Olight PL2 Valkyrie on mine now but I’m not happy with the Olight. It just happens to be the only light that fits the short rail on the X-Compact, though I rarely even mount it anymore dude to it almost catching fire on me awhile back.
View Quote

Details?
I have a couple and a Baldr Mini
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I have an Olight PL2 Valkyrie on mine now but I’m not happy with the Olight. It just happens to be the only light that fits the short rail on the X-Compact, though I rarely even mount it anymore dude to it almost catching fire on me awhile back.

Details?

My side started getting hot AF one day, like burning hot, pulled my pistol out and the light was smoking and the battery was flashing red. From what I read online the battery can discharge and cook itself. Something with static electricity and the magnet charging system and both positive and negative terminals exposed that can cause the light to easily short out. I’m not really sure, I’m not much on being a technical electric guy but it happened and spooked the hell out of me. The light was crazy hot, like burn you hot and smoking. I haven’t really use it since.

Sage Dynamic posted a photo of the rifle style weapon light doing the same thing awhile back.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: One positive thing about the experience is that the attachment system that Olight uses for the PL2-Mini, makes the light quick and easy to remove in case of fire.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looked at that one before, but it's shaped a bit like a brick...
A fat TLR6 with a green laser instead of red.
View Quote

Agreed. BUGLY.

Anyone get any ship notices yet? Cricket's are chirp'n hard on these...
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top