Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 6:42:29 PM EDT
Well, I finally did it and purchased a Sig P229R w/nightsights .40cal.  I really wanted the new P229HSP (Homeland Security Pistol), but I just could not bring myself to shell out $1,000+ for it.  Since I purchased the P229R in California aka:Commiefornia I have to wait 10 days before I can bring it home and provide pictures with a range report.  I also plan on getting a .357Sig barrel in the future.  Anyway, I can not wait to break this gun in and enjoy Sig Quality first-hand.  I will post pic's w/ range report as soon as possible.  Also, does the P229R seem to preffer a type/brand of ammo?  Or just shoot the hell out of it and not worry?  Thanks.

I was finally able to pick up my latest and 1st Sig...I hope to get out to the range this weekend.

Well I took the P299R out to my local range and put 100 rounds through it.  First off, let me say that there were absolutely NO FTF's, FTE's or any other problems at all...the gun functioned and shot flawlessly!  I shot at two separate targets at varying distances of 15-50ft (50ft is the longest distance at this range) with 50-rounds for each target.  The P229R was cleaned after inital purchase with M-Pro7 and re-oiled with Mili-Tec gun oil and grease(Slide/Rails).  Ammo used was a 100 rounds of Remington (UMC), 180 GR.  
The DA trigger is Heavy breaking at 10lbs.  However, it is the smoothest 10lbs I have ever pulled on a trigger.  SA is very smooth and breaks cleanly at 4.5lbs.  The trigger itself is well contoured and kind of fat.  Pulling the trigger with your index finger at or around the DIP(Distal Interphangial Joint)-basically the tip of your finger that bends, was the most comfortable and the most accurate.  Now, you will see that my shots are kind of sporadic, this is due to that fact that it is a new gun and it is my first Sig.  Also, I mainly shot my Kimber TLE, which I also rely on as my primary defense gun.  I am sure with more practice, practice, practice I will feel just as confident and be just as accurate with the Sig.  Overall, this gun is great and I would highly recommend purchacing a Sig to anyone looking for a new gun.  As duty gun the P229R fits the bill as I would have easily qualified with mine the first time out.  Hope this info is to some use and please add any questions or comments.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun and congrats! My 229 eats anything and has never jamed or failed to fire ever in thousands and thousands of rounds. Best gun I have ever owned! Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats . Need pics though
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!

First thing I bought after I got my P220R was a CPO P226
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Good choice of a handgun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent choice.  Get both barrels, .357sig is badass.  And make sure to get a light for that rail.  And night sights.  And holsters.  And mag carriers.  And ammo.  For both calibers.  And extra mags.  And a P220R to go with it.  And a P226 in 9mm...........................................
OH THE INSANITY!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell me about insanity.....for my P229R in 9mm, I've already bought Houge finger groove grips, 8 magazines of varying capacity, a Fobus holster, 500 rounds of Winchester 9mm, and a slew of new targets to blast to oblivion lol.  My "cheap" deal has more than made up for itself in accessories and goodies  Oh well, theres always room for another addition to the collection I always say

Joe
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Excellent choice.  Get both barrels, .357sig is badass.  And make sure to get a light for that rail.  And night sights.  And holsters.  And mag carriers.  And ammo.  For both calibers.  And extra mags.  And a P220R to go with it.  And a P226 in 9mm...........................................
OH THE INSANITY!!!!!

Monday, the 22nd is the day that I will be able to bring the P229R home.  I'll try and post some pic's too.  I will definately buy a .357sig barrel in the future.  It already has night sights.  As for the light, I think something from  Surefire will do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another Pic...

Like my Kimber the Sig P229R fits my hand great and the natural point of aim is just as good if not better...very pleased with this gun!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
congrats man,

my 229 was purchased as a CPO and has never had the first issue.

youll love  your gun,

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:34:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nice gun and congrats! My 229 eats anything and has never jamed or failed to fire ever in thousands and thousands of rounds. Best gun I have ever owned! Enjoy it!

My SIG229R doesn't like Independence.  It loves the Winchester from Walmart.  

I have to learn how to reload.  The 40 is so $$$.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice acqusition on a nice weapon. I love my P229R also.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]
bump.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats !!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats and nice pics! Welcome to the SIG club!! They are really a joy to shoot, and since i cant miss with mine :P, im sure you will feel the same. They are GREAT shooters!!

Again, congrats!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Great looking pistol. I just traded my 229 in .40 in towards a Rohrbaugh R9S and a Kimber Warrior today. I didn't want to see it go and didn't even make it out the door before I turned to my FFL and asked him to place a 229R in .40 with night sights on order for me.

So next week I will pickup my new 229R also and may even get to the range to try all 3 of my new pistols on for size..

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool have fun and be safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top