Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
I noticed that Meg-Gar makes 17 round magazines for the P226 and wanted to know if any of you guys have had experience with these magazines?  Are they a good buy or should I just get factory 15's instead?  Also how would you rate there fit?  Are they flush or do they stick out of the bottom of the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They are flush fit, and work as well as factory.  The follower is shorter, hence the extra capacity.  If you have some postban 10rd 226 mags, swap the followers from those mags into a normal 15 rd mag and you get the same result.  This works with P228's as well.  Mecgar makes the factory mags for sig, they are good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They fit flush, drop free and are the best you can buy.... period, some the phosphate coated Germany OEM Sigs are more corrosion resistant, tho.. I carry the Mec-Gar +2's in both the 226 and 228's I guess the reason for the 9mm is CAPACITY so the more the better

F1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What they ^ said.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are flush fit, and work as well as factory.  The follower is shorter, hence the extra capacity.  If you have some postban 10rd 226 mags, swap the followers from those mags into a normal 15 rd mag and you get the same result.  This works with P228's as well.  Mecgar makes the factory mags for sig, they are good stuff.

Wow, is there anywhere I can get  just the followers?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, is there anywhere I can get  just the followers?

I'd like to find that out myself.-
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I only use Mecgar 17s for carry and wont buy anymore factory 15 rounders.  15 rounders are relegated to range use.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get just the followers from Sig, BUT, they charge an arm and a leg for them.  And a serious arm and leg for 'service and handling'.  You're better off finding postbans that someone is off loading for 10-15 bucks each, than getting just the follower from sig.  Or just getting the mecs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I sold off all my 15 round magazines after extensively testing out the six 17-round Mecgars that I bought.  I've had 0 problems with any of the Mecgars - strongly recommended.

Regards,

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top