Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 4:54:56 PM EDT
why do the Stainless models have more moving parts then the others?  ive been looking at the 220ST. and have herd about the parts.

thanks everyone
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Aside from the frame being stainless steel, its just like the P220R.

Newer stainless steel slides on all Sigs have external extractors, maybe thats it......??
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Aside from the frame being stainless steel, its just like the P220R.

Newer stainless steel slides on all Sigs have external extractors, maybe thats it......??

some one said it on here awhile ago,and i asekd them never got an answer back. and then i saw a pic of a 220 and a 220 st with the grips off. its got like a block it looks like?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I could be dead ass wrong, I don't have a 220ST.  Someone who does will be along I am sure.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I could be dead ass wrong, I don't have a 220ST.  Someone who does will be along I am sure.

alright thanks thou
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why do the Stainless models have more moving parts then the others?  ive been looking at the 220ST. and have herd about the parts.

thanks everyone

Where did you get this info?

I've owned a regular 220 and still own a EL220(ST) and the same parts move.  The slide are different, my regular 220 was a 1995 model that had a removable breech block and my 2004 model EL220 has a solid stainless slide.  The frames have the same identical number of parts.  All new 220s and 220STs have the newer style slides.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks everyone

I've owned a regular 220 and still own a EL220(ST) and the same parts move.  The slide are different, my regular 220 was a 1995 model that had a removable breech block and my 2004 model EL220 has a solid stainless slide.  The frames have the same identical number of parts.  All new 220s and 220STs have the newer style slides.

it was something in the grip on the butt end that i saw.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks everyone

Maybe you are referring to the mainspring assembly? I know that I have 2 P229s and the older one uses a longer mainspring whereas the newer one uses a shorter mainspring and has a plastic block under the spring. Are the two pistols that you saw without the grip possibly an older P220 next to an of course newer P220ST?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks everyone

Maybe you are referring to the mainspring assembly? I know that I have 2 P229s and the older one uses a longer mainspring whereas the newer one uses a shorter mainspring and has a plastic block under the spring. Are the two pistols that you saw without the grip possibly an older P220 next to an of course newer P220ST?

honsetly i dont know. maybe i should get both and see for my self. haha.

thanks thou for the help
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct all the older SIGs used the longer strut, mainspring and a metal spring base with a roll pin.  Newer models use a plastic base, shorter strut and spring.  Older models can be upgraded to the newer style, I do find that the older ones do seem to result in smoother pulls even if both have trigger jobs.  Old style long springs were 24lbs and newer shorter ones are 21lbs.  I use 18lb and 19lb springs in SIGs with either type.  17lb springs on competition guns only.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct all the older SIGs used the longer strut, mainspring and a metal spring base with a roll pin.  Newer models use a plastic base, shorter strut and spring.  Older models can be upgraded to the newer style, I do find that the older ones do seem to result in smoother pulls even if both have trigger jobs.  Old style long springs were 24lbs and newer shorter ones are 21lbs.  I use 18lb and 19lb springs in SIGs with either type.  17lb springs on competition guns only.

do you know what year they did all this?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Must have been mid to late 90s or later.  I had a 1994 P220 that had the long old type.  I converted it to the newer plastic base.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must have been mid to late 90s or later.  I had a 1994 P220 that had the long old type.  I converted it to the newer plastic base.

we have a 220 i dont know from what year. it came in a gray box. not the blue ones now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top