Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 9:11:46 PM EDT
Where are the letters for me to look up the date code on my P226.

There are no markings on the slide at all.  So I called SIG Customer service, and I spoke to Bryan, and I asked him where the date code is on my P226.  He asked for the Serial number on it and said the Date of Manufacture was 05/2000 and that since it was manufactured so recently that there was no Date code on the Slide.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
On the Sig Sauer website. or you can go to ww.sigforum.com and do asearch for the letter codes in the "Sig Pistols Forum".
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I am talking about the actual letters on the gun
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
try the Sig forum?

Or this place: www.sigsauerpro.com/Default.htm

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
You could always check the 4th topic down in the SIG Forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Date code:

A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G=6
H=7
J=8
K=9

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hadn't thought of that. I know about that I am looking for the actual letters that are on my firearm my P226 only has one letter on it.

=
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Brilliant!"

tinypic.com/a0kpih.jpg

GUINESS!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Brilliant!"

tinypic.com/a0kpih.jpg

GUINESS!

Could you try reading the both topics before you flame I allready know the chart I have seen the chart that post answers a totally different question then what I am asking. Once again I am asking where the hell the letters are on the gun
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Check the bottom of the front of your slide.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing on the slide at all that I can find anywhere is on the left of the slide it says

Sig Sauer
SigArms INC
Exeter NH

On the right side it says
P226 Made in Germany
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Try this:

With the slide forward (not locked back), set your Sig upside on a table (i.e., setting on the sights).

Now look straight down at the short section of the slide that is visible near the muzzle.  The proof and dates marks are there.  They may be a little faint.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Try this:

With the slide forward (not locked back), set your Sig upside on a table (i.e., setting on the sights).

Now look straight down at the short section of the slide that is visible near the muzzle.  The proof and dates marks are there.  They may be a little faint.

I don't think all of them have it. I have a 226 in .40 and there aren't any markings on it either.

Sunburn
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't think all of them have it. I have a 226 in .40 and there aren't any markings on it either....

Agreed - they don’t.

The markings are German proof marks, which are found only on German-made firearms (and technically the date code isn’t the date of manufacture, but rather the date the firearm was proofed).

American-made Sigs don’t have them.

I, apparently incorrectly, assumed SigSaurP228’s pistol was made in Germany since the slide was so marked.

My guess is that the slide (and possibly other parts) was made in Germany, but the pistol was actually assembled in the US.  If so, the “Made in Germany” marking on the slide strikes me as a bit of a misrepresentation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Theres a difference to "Made in Germany" and Made in W. Germany"

West German Sigs have the proofmarks, b/c the whole pistol was assembled there, and therefore proofed as per German law.  

"Made in Germany" marked Sigs have a German frame, barrel, and perhaps small parts, which are assembled with an American made slide in the US, and therefore have no proofmarks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top