Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:13:57 AM EDT
Okay, I may not need them but I'd like them.  I absolutely love the "dot and notch" configuration that Sig uses for their sights.  Besides the straight-8's, are there other sights that have a similar configuration?  I'm not against the standard 3 dot sights, 2 of my other pistols have them.  What are your reccomendations for sights?  Thanks in advance.  MJD  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Novak makes a "bar-dot" set with a horizontal bar in the rear sight that's probably the closest you'll come to mirroring your current sight set up.  I've been underwhelmed with the fit of Novaks on Sigs, though; the flat bottom of the sight doesn't blend particularly well with the rounded Sig slide.  Additionally, when I was looking into this option for my P226, Novak actually recommended against this particular sight, saying it tends to loose it's "glow" faster than a traditional two-dot rear.

FWIW, lots of very experience gun guys swear by only having a glowing dot on the front sight.  I am getting to agree with them as my eyes get older, and it becomes harder to pick up and focus on the front sight when it's the furthest away of three equally bright dots of the same color...  You might want to just get a good Meprolight sight for the front (they have a very clear, bright outline around the vial for daylight shooting) and leaving your current rear sight as is.

Regards,

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IIRC Trijicon does make a two-dot set, but I am not sure if they are made for the Sig. You might want to take a look at some of the contrasting colored sets...I have a set of Mepro's on my G32 that are red rear and green front (3 dot)...or...you might consider using only a front blade with the tritium...it works pretty well.

+1 looking at their web site, i didn't see anything but 3 dot sights.  IIRC the sig factory sights are trijicons w/out the white circle outline around the tritium insert.
trijicon makes great sights IMO.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Since some new company bought out PT and MMC sights, their quality has exceeded my expectations.

They have the "Box Bar" rear sight which looks kinda this |_| The idea is drop the dot(front sight) in the "box" and pull the trigger.

I like the the standard SIG Sauer rear sight, but with a glowing front sight.  Furthermore, I like to use some Testors gloss white to paint around the front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top