Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 3:03:26 PM EDT
The DAK is like the action on Glock's right? Is it better or worse than the Glock? I shot a Glock for the first time today and really liked it, but I hate the grips and looks of them. I love my P220R and would like to try a DAK if it's similar to the Glock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Similar concept, different  execution.  The DAK offers a second strike capability, which the Glock lacks.  Not sure if that's an issue for you; my muscle-memory reaction for a FTF is "Tap-Rack-Reassess", so second strike just doesn't matter to me.  The DAK's trigger reach is longer than the Glocks.  The DAK trigger has a "dual reset" - if you only let the trigger out to the first reset "click" trigger pull increases to about 8.5 pounds; you only get that light 6.5 pound pull every time if you reset to the second click (fully forward); the Glock trigger pull is the same weight and distance every time.  I think the biggest advantage of the DAK is that the pull is so smoooooth - much nicer than the Glock, IMHO.

When all is said and done, however, I'll keep my traditional DA/SA trigger - I can get faster follow-up shots with that short, light, crisp SA trigger than with any DAO/DAK/Safe Action setup.  If I was worried about mass training a lot of non-gun people, then I think the simplicity of the Glock trigger would be a better choice than the multiple-reset DAK; not to mention that Sig's trigger reach has always been an issue for people with medium-small hands.

Regards,

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I hadn't expected to like the DAK trigger as much as I do, being most fond of SA autos, but I've had my 226R DAK for a while noow, and I really like it. Consistent, reliable and well thought out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top