Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2005 9:17:31 PM EDT
Is there a difference between the ones made in West Germany and the new ones ?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  The older slides are stamped steel while the newer slides are milled (one solid piece).  You can tell by looking at the roll pins in the slides.  One solid roll pin means milled, two pins (one inner and out outer) means stamped.  However, I have owned several of both and can tell you there is no difference in the performance of the pistol.

Other than that, the "W Germany" marked pistols are excellent quality and sorta fun to have given the history behing the "W".  You might also look for other interesting marks on the slide.  For example, my P226 has "Interarms" marked on the slide.  They were the first importers, so I have one of the original P226s that came into the country.  Another interesting mark is "Tyson's Corner" which is the old location of Sigarms who are now in Exeter, NH.

So, go ahead and pick it up.  You will love it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one here dated KB. Exiter marked and serrated trigger.
Stamped slide makes for a noticably lighter pistol too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

dated KB=19-112

Edit: oops, K is 9 not 11, sorry. Yours was made in 92 then. Mine is a JJ=88 I feel like a Jackass now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dated KB=19-112

Edit: oops, K is 9 not 11, sorry. Yours was made in 92 then. Mine is a JJ=88

one of my 226's is a JJ also.  i love that thing!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok then when was mad eit is marked

Browning    xxxx ssxxx

Sig Sauer on the other side

and german proof marks all over it   barrel, slide, frame

eta: oh it says browing on the grips also
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 220 says west germany on the slide and  kc on the bottom forward of the frame. Is this the date stamp and what year would kc be. If this is not the date stamp where may I locate it and  what book would have serial number info in it. Thank you
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Browning was one of, if not the first importer of Sig pistols into the US.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#8]
so around what year would the Browning marked Sig have come to the US?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes.  The older slides are stamped steel while the newer slides are milled (one solid piece).  You can tell by looking at the roll pins in the slides.  One solid roll pin means milled, two pins (one inner and out outer) means stamped.  However, I have owned several of both and can tell you there is no difference in the performance of the pistol.

Other than that, the "W Germany" marked pistols are excellent quality and sorta fun to have given the history behing the "W".  You might also look for other interesting marks on the slide.  For example, my P226 has "Interarms" marked on the slide.  They were the first importers, so I have one of the original P226s that came into the country.  Another interesting mark is "Tyson's Corner" which is the old location of Sigarms who are now in Exeter, NH.

So, go ahead and pick it up.  You will love it.

I have a W.Germany Tysons Corner P226. Great gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Would you say the milled slide is more reliable then the stamped slide ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've had two stamped slide 226's. One had over 35,000 rds through without a problem. The other one has about 7,000 rds without an issue.

Never had a milled slide.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had two stamped slide 226's. One had over 35,000 rds through without a problem. The other one has about 7,000 rds without an issue.

Never had a milled slide.

I didn't think there would be an issue.  I read in Massad  Ayoob's Book "Combat Handgunnery"  that the milled Sigs were much better built.  No biggie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top