Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2005 1:20:31 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can pick one up?

I have a 226 in .40 right now, just bought a 9mm slide... looking to pick up a 9mm barrel -- useing 9mm for 3 gun matchs, and to eventually suppress.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the extended barrel is legal for your 3 gun classification.  Barsto makes them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The only classes they have are optics or irons.... compensators are even legal.

Are the barsto barrels any good? I don't see a price on their web site....
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can fit a 9mm conversion barrel in your .40 slide. A company called Fire Dragon is cheaper than Barstow, but how good??? Also try GunBroker.com. They sometimes have them in the parts section.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I know of conversion barrels, but I want to have a complete slide assembly to swap back and forth for the conversion just for reliablity -- I had a failure with my 1911 last 3 gun match that really screwed things up.  Go figure, first time in 3000 rounds the gun failed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Barsto and KKM are both good sources for barrels.  You might also want to check with SIG, since they just did a run of P226 9mm Tactical pistols that have extended and threaded barrels...maybe they've got a spare.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Jarvis also makes a threaded 226 barrel.  They are finished in black, is that matters to you... I think the subdued look is more "stock" and tactical in appearance.

-Randy
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jarvis also makes a threaded 226 barrel.  They are finished in black, is that matters to you... I think the subdued look is more "stock" and tactical in appearance.

-Randy

Hrm... got a URL for them?

Quoted:
Barsto and KKM are both good sources for barrels.  You might also want to check with SIG, since they just did a run of P226 9mm Tactical pistols that have extended and threaded barrels...maybe they've got a spare.

I can't seem to find a place where barsto lists them -- I'd prefer to be able to find some prices online right now.

Anyone know how much sig charges for barrels?  My only thought to that is, didn't they use a non-standard thread? (Not 1/2x28).  

edit:

KKM's website www.kkmprecision.com
Looks like they don't do sig, but for many other pistols

Jarvis's website http://www.jarvis-custom.com
Looks like a very nice product... about $237 for a barrel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
You must call Barsto and get a quote they will make you one to your specs and it should be about $200 plus cost of threading.  They are arguably one of the best along with KKM.

Firedragon sucks.

Sig tactical barrels use non standard threads and are not for sale seperately... if you get one it cant use standard threaded suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You must call Barsto and get a quote they will make you one to your specs and it should be about $200 plus cost of threading.  They are arguably one of the best along with KKM.

Firedragon sucks.

Sig tactical barrels use non standard threads and are not for sale seperately... if you get one it cant use standard threaded suppressors.

what are your thoughts on Jarvis's barrels?

Edit: got an email reply from barsto.... $260 for a threaded barrel, $25 for thread protector and $14 shipping.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#10]
The SIG 9MM threaded barrel DOES have standard threads- in Germany! Same as the HK 9MM Tactical and some others.
 I also inquired about obtaining a spare barrel for my SIG Tactical and was told that none would be available.
 As for putting a 9MM barrel in a .40 slide, the breechway and extractor would be incorrect for the 9mm case- unless I'm missing something here. Conversion to .357 SIG works because the .357 SIG is a .40 based case.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The SIG 9MM threaded barrel DOES have standard threads- in Germany! Same as the HK 9MM Tactical and some others.
 I also inquired about obtaining a spare barrel for my SIG Tactical and was told that none would be available.
 As for putting a 9MM barrel in a .40 slide, the breechway and extractor would be incorrect for the 9mm case- unless I'm missing something here. Conversion to .357 SIG works because the .357 SIG is a .40 based case.

I have a 9mm slide sitting in with my gun supplies..... not attempting to do this with a .40 slide.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Firedragon sucks.

what are your thoughts on Jarvis's barrels?

Edit: got an email reply from barsto.... $260 for a threaded barrel, $25 for thread protector and $14 shipping.

Never used a Jarvis barrel, sorry.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I selected an extended and threaded barrel from Jarvis for use with a Gemtech Trinity suppressor based on Gemtech's recomendation.  I understand the barrel is being made this week.  My friend has the same set-up and I will admit that I cannot tell if it is more accurate than the factory barrel.  Both shoot very well.  The total cost for the barrel shipped and threaded (1/2 x 28) was $249.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Firedragon sucks.

Please enlighten me as to why.  I believe I have a different opinion than you do but I'd like to see if I am one of the lucky ones or perhaps there is something I didn't know about Firedragon.  MJD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top