BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your Romeo1 shroud kit has shipped or still waiting fulfillment at the vendor?
View Quote
Still waiting on Optics Planet, though according to their expected shipping estimate should be any day now...
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]

"How many magazines?"

MOAR
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Found myself with enough free time tonight to make it to the range again. No major updates as I wasn't testing anything new. Shot another 500 rounds, which brings the tally on this system over 3,000. Still no malfunctions to speak of. I did spend the vast majority of my time shooting at 25 yards tonight. I hate - HATE - shooting pistols at 25 yards, but I need to work on my accuracy at distance and throttle control as ranges extend tends to be my biggest issue. Stil have a long way to go there, but at least I'm working on it...

I'm also realizing at this rate I'll be going through the most recent 1,100 rounds of 124gr NATO at quite a fast pace, so another order for an additional 1,100 rounds is in with PSA
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Remember that whole thing about not being able to leave well enough alone...?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2018_09/IMG_2809.JPG.8ad64fe2b189e47bc5f19a859eabe1f4.JPG

Remember that whole thing about not being able to leave well enough alone...?
View Quote
You left something untouched?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You left something untouched?
View Quote
Not for long
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Small update - Corresponding with a manufacturer on an interesting product for the P320 platform, more on this in the next month...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Also received my additional order of 1,100 WWB NATO rounds from PSA today. Feels good to have a (small) stockpile of ammo
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also received my additional order of 1,100 WWB NATO rounds from PSA today. Feels good to have a (small) stockpile of ammo
View Quote
I just picked up 1000rds of Federal LE training rounds for $0.18 a round from Short Round Supply.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just picked up 1000rds of Federal LE training rounds for $0.18 a round from Short Round Supply.
View Quote
Palmetto State Armory was doing a sale on Winchester 124gr NATO that knocked it down to about the same price. I use the Winchester NATO loads as my practice ammo because they're nearly identical in recoil profile to the 124gr +P Critical Duty loads that I use as my carry ammo in this gun
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Good to know. I was just looking for cheap practice stuff. I want to get more rounds through mine before I start playing around with it. This thread has given me ideas.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Happy to help inspire others!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I've enjoyed reading the progress reports on Project Nemesis.  Please keep it up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
SHROUD KIT FROM OPTICS PLANET HAS FINALLY SHIPPED!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Had time to go to the range again tonight, so I burned through another 400 rounds which brings the total count on the system to just under 3,500. Still no malfunctions to speak of. Nothing significant about the trip tonight beyond getting some trigger time in.

I did get to take a look at (not shoot, just handle and dryfire) a civvie M17 that the range had gotten in recently. Feels about the same as a normal P320. The safety is well designed and positioned to rest your thumb on and the trigger was good. I have to admit I wasn't particularly interested in picking one up initially, but I may change my mind further down the line particularly when demand drops a bit and the price reduces.

The Romeo1 shroud kit should be here this week, at which time I'll take the pistol to my gunsmith to have them install the shroud and the Apex trigger kit and re-zero the optic with the Critical Duty 124gr +P ammo at 25 yards. Following that I will have a more substantive update!
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]

A trip to the 'smith is in order
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow! It has been a journey! Glad to see the result so far. Cant wait to see what you have planned.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow! It has been a journey! Glad to see the result so far. Cant wait to see what you have planned.
View Quote
Thanks for following! Still a lot more planned with this platform, there will be plenty more to see...
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]

And then there were two...
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Move along, nothing to see here...
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Congrats on the TFB article!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Congrats on the TFB article!
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Need thoughts/opinions: I'm trying to decide what caliber to go with for this second build. Since it'll be using a frame-mounted optic, I don't have to use one of the RX slides from Sig which are all 9mm - Which means I have a choice of calibers.

I could stick with 9mm, which will mean I'll be able to use all the magazines I currently have, or I could go for a 357SIG slide assembly for a little extra oomph, and which will also work a compensator better...

What's everyone think, stick with the same caliber or bump it up a notch for the hell of it? Purpose of this second build is just a fun range toy and experimenting further with the platform, not for any serious/defensive use
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#24]
While I’d be deeply curious to hear how the .357 Sig works for you, more 9mm sounds more practical.

If you did .357 Sig, you’d have an interesting Open Major IPSC gun.

Is there a 9mm Rowland barrel for the 320? Keep using the 9x19 mags, but get the higher pressure/velocity ballistics.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#25]
9mm Rowland would be interesting, but the availability of ammo scares me off from that even more so than the 357SIG.

Shortly after I made that post I made my mind up and ordered the parts needed chambered in 9mm. This gun will share a common caliber (and magazines, just as importantly) with the first build for simplicity
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Need thoughts/opinions: I'm trying to decide what caliber to go with for this second build. Since it'll be using a frame-mounted optic, I don't have to use one of the RX slides from Sig which are all 9mm - Which means I have a choice of calibers.

I could stick with 9mm, which will mean I'll be able to use all the magazines I currently have, or I could go for a 357SIG slide assembly for a little extra oomph, and which will also work a compensator better...

What's everyone think, stick with the same caliber or bump it up a notch for the hell of it? Purpose of this second build is just a fun range toy and experimenting further with the platform, not for any serious/defensive use
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As soon as I started reading this post, I instantly thought .357 Sig... It just sounds so right!

I know the Virginia SP currently carry P229 in .357 Sig and are switching to the P320 in the same flavor.

ETA:
Quoted:
9mm Rowland would be interesting, but the availability of ammo scares me off from that even more so than the 357SIG.

Shortly after I made that post I made my mind up and ordered the parts needed chambered in 9mm. This gun will share a common caliber (and magazines, just as importantly) with the first build for simplicity
Just saw this post after my above comment. FWIW, there is always a large number of 40S&W stuff for sale. I'd be curious if you could find the magazines and even the top half for cheap used. Just get a drop-in .357Sig barrel and BAM!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#27]

The new slide will need to go to my gunsmith to get the iron sights removed, but getting closer...

I may at some point in the future still purchase the parts to convert one of these guns to 357SIG. That's the nice thing about this platform - If you change your mind on caliber, just swap out the parts and you're done!

ETA; From this point forward I will be delineating between the two pistols using "RS320" (Roland Special) for the slide-mounted optic version and "CW320" (Cola Warrior) for the frame-mounted optic version
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:44:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Bunker Gun Shop in PA has this... Just swap that barrel.

Also wasn't aware you're a fellow ColaBro???Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Also wasn't aware you're a fellow ColaBro??
View Quote
Alas I have never competed in CW (and likely never will - Medical diagnosis for my back/spine is "Completely and totally FUBAR"), but just as the original build could be seen as a counterpart to the G19-based Roland Special, I am aligning this second build as a Sig-based CWOCK equivalent.

With this thread I intend to show that the reign of owning all the neat/cool shit is over for the Glocktards (I jest, Glock owners. Much love for all)
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Alas I have never competed in CW (and likely never will - Medical diagnosis for my back/spine is "Completely and totally FUBAR"), but just as the original build could be seen as a counterpart to the G19-based Roland Special, I am aligning this second build as a Sig-based CWOCK equivalent.

With this thread I intend to show that the reign of owning all the neat/cool shit is over for the Glocktards (I jest, Glock owners. Much love for all)
View Quote
Ahhhhh, yes, the CWOCK. I had one at one point, but loathing the G platform, sold it. But as a Cola Bro myself, I am currently working to make a CWOCK compliant ColaComp for the G19/17 platform. It should have the peep-n-bones engraved on it making it speshul. Now if only Geissele or similar would make an aluminum grip module with a built in 6-Second mount...

Also making one for the handful of us in CW that run the P320. Inspiration for ALL OF THIS came from this exact thread. So thanks!

And just come out to a local CW event and hang out. A lot of folks come to just hang out and enjoy the shenanigans.

But... I'm excited to see what else you do with your pistols! Keep it up!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Honestly I've been trying to get an aftermarket company to make an aluminum version of the X-Five grip module, with either an integral or bolt-on optic mount, and machined micropocket texturing (think Phoenix Trinity EVO 2011 grip), and integral magwell ever since the X-Five came out. Sig recently revealed their "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" pistols which - for whatever you may think of the aesthetics of those particular pistols - use metal grip modules, which means it CAN be done. Now it's just a matter of convincing a manufacturer that there's a market for such a product...

I will certainly keep an eye out for CW events in my area, would love to make it out just to watch the insanity
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I will say - If you are looking to order this optic mount from Carver Customs for your CW320 build, wait a bit until I get confirmation from them that the new modified version is ready to go. In its current form it is a bit too "universal" to be compatible with the P320 platform, but they're working on fixing that and should have a new workable version in the next couple weeks
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Consider stippling a more aggressive texture on the grip. I’m going to do that soon. It really aids in keeping the gun controllable under recoil. Every time I take my 320 out I think “I really need to stipple this.”
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Consider stippling a more aggressive texture on the grip. I’m going to do that soon. It really aids in keeping the gun controllable under recoil. Every time I take my 320 out I think “I really need to stipple this.”
View Quote
I've considered stippling, and probably will get it done eventually to both pistols. For the money (or even less) though, I can get another of Springer Precision's ESP magwells fitted to this second Compact grip module. The resulting fit of the grip locks the pistol into my hand better than any other handgun I've ever held, perfectly compressing the width of my hand between the beavertail/trigger guard and the flare of the magwell. That alone does more to secure my grip than even the most sandpaper-like stippling would do
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've considered stippling, and probably will get it done eventually to both pistols. For the money (or even less) though, I can get another of Springer Precision's ESP magwells fitted to this second Compact grip module. The resulting fit of the grip locks the pistol into my hand better than any other handgun I've ever held, perfectly compressing the width of my hand between the beavertail/trigger guard and the flare of the magwell. That alone does more to secure my grip than even the most sandpaper-like stippling would do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’d still suggest it to help just that much more. You seem pretty dialed in. I notice with my 1911 that has a magwell that it’s still a great help to have checkering. And if you do it yourself it’s free, or maybe a $20 Harbor Freight soldering pen if you don’t have one.

Your call - just throwing it out there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I’d still suggest it to help just that much more. You seem pretty dialed in. I notice with my 1911 that has a magwell that it’s still a great help to have checkering. And if you do it yourself it’s free, or maybe a $20 Harbor Freight soldering pen if you don’t have one.

Your call - just throwing it out there.
View Quote
Stippling for both is certainly still on the list! Just a bit further down
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Honestly I've been trying to get an aftermarket company to make an aluminum version of the X-Five grip module, with either an integral or bolt-on optic mount, and machined micropocket texturing (think Phoenix Trinity EVO 2011 grip), and integral magwell ever since the X-Five came out. Sig recently revealed their "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier" pistols which - for whatever you may think of the aesthetics of those particular pistols - use metal grip modules, which means it CAN be done. Now it's just a matter of convincing a manufacturer that there's a market for such a product...

I will certainly keep an eye out for CW events in my area, would love to make it out just to watch the insanity
View Quote
I've messaged Geissele about that as well. But that was a few years ago when the 320 had first come out, before any talks of the M17...

And then I, too, saw the TOTUS pistols and had a fan boy moment.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've messaged Geissele about that as well. But that was a few years ago when the 320 had first come out, before any talks of the M17...

And then I, too, saw the TOTUS pistols and had a fan boy moment.
View Quote
Reportedly the original Six Second Mount was requested by a counter-terrorism unit for their issued Glocks. Seems at least possible that a unit now being issued M17/18 pistols would be interested in something similar...
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Apologies for updates being a bit slow lately everyone, work always gets more than a bit chaotic this time of year (currently working 7 days/week, 90+ hours/week). Planning to make it to the range this evening though!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Just back from the range, another 300 malfunctionless rounds for a total of 3,750 on the RS320. Worked on slidelock reloads a bit tonight, which showed a need to continue working on slidelock reloads as I bobbled several of them. Overall an uneventful trip to the range.

Work schedule still hasn't permitted me to get to the gunsmith to get the additional parts installed, but at the latest I will have a lull in the next two weeks and can get it there then. Question then becomes how quickly my gunsmith can get the work done and get the pistol back into my possession...
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#41]
FYI for anyone interested, SG Ammo is currently having a sale on 1,000 round cases of Winchester 9mm NATO;

https://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-rounds-9mm-nato-124-grain-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318

I just ordered more myself
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I finally - FINALLY - have time to take the RS320 to my gunsmith this afternoon to get the Apex trigger and Romeo1 shroud installed and have them re-zero it. While I'm there I'm going to see if I can have them quickly remove the iron sights from the slide of the CW320, hopefully while I wait. More updates coming soon!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#43]
RS320 is back in the hands of my 'smith, and the CW320 inches closer to completion. This is still the version of the "universal" mount that doesn't quite work properly on the P320, but the modified parts that are P320-specific should be on the way any day now. This mount sits about as low over the slide as it can get while still being functional (once you remove the iron sights);

Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FYI for anyone interested, SG Ammo is currently having a sale on 1,000 round cases of Winchester 9mm NATO;

https://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/1000-rounds-9mm-nato-124-grain-winchester-mil-spec-ammo-q4318

I just ordered more myself
View Quote
Dammit I already spent my allowance this week.

On a serious note. I shot my first mukti-gun match in 3.5 years this weekend. Since the match i’ve seriously been looking at making my 320 my go to gun for matches. I’m thinking of going to a .40S&W full size so I can run Limited in pistol only and stay in Heavy Metal Optics for multi-gun.

A lot of the mods and parts I would need I would have never figured out without this thread. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:30:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

On a serious note. I shot my first mukti-gun match in 3.5 years this weekend. Since the match i’ve seriously been looking at making my 320 my go to gun for matches. I’m thinking of going to a .40S&W full size so I can run Limited in pistol only and stay in Heavy Metal Optics for multi-gun.

A lot of the mods and parts I would need I would have never figured out without this thread. Thanks OP.
View Quote
Always happy to help! If you have any questions that haven't been previously addressed in this thread feel free to ask - For every part/mod I've done to this platform a lot of thought and research went into various different options. Just because it's not featured in this thread doesn't mean it wouldn't be a viable option to address something you need/want.

If you haven't yet purchased the base platform and aren't desperate for it yet, I might suggest waiting until SHOT show in a couple months - I have a sneaking suspicion Sig is cooking up a version of the X-Five with an additional millimeter in the chamber...
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya, that post made me bust into my emergency gun fund, just got another 2K yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Small update - Corresponding with a manufacturer on an interesting product for the P320 platform, more on this in the next month...
View Quote
Quoted:

Always happy to help! If you have any questions that haven't been previously addressed in this thread feel free to ask - For every part/mod I've done to this platform a lot of thought and research went into various different options. Just because it's not featured in this thread doesn't mean it wouldn't be a viable option to address something you need/want.

If you haven't yet purchased the base platform and aren't desperate for it yet, I might suggest waiting until SHOT show in a couple months - I have a sneaking suspicion Sig is cooking up a version of the X-Five with an additional millimeter in the chamber...
View Quote
Might it be related to what you mentioned above? I’ve already got the base gun so right now I’m looking at conversion for a full size in .40. I can get them for LE price. Plus I still have to use my 25% off coupon from SIG that I got when I sent my gun in for the upgrade. So I’m looking at doing this for a reasonable price.

However if a X5 in .40 or 10mm were to appear...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I have not been in correspondence with Sig regarding a 40S&W or 10mm P320/X-Five, nor in correspondence with them directly regarding any new products for the P320 platform. My reference to "an interesting new product" in that post was a reference to some changes to the optic mount that I'd been talking to Carver Custom about.

My sense on a 40S&W X-Five and/or a 10mm conversion for the P320 (that would come from a third party manufacturer) is based on buzz and rumor I've seen/heard about online.

If you really think about it, it would be the easiest thing for Sig to make an X-Five in 40S&W - The current 9mm version with bull barrel means the slide is already sized large enough that they could literally just bore out the 9mm bull barrel an extra millimeter and ship it with 40S&W magazines. They would be stupid not to release a 40S&W version of the gun, considering its popularity among competition shooters. Plus, the X-Five models of the P226 are offered in both 9mm and 40S&W (and some even in 357SIG)
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I have seen an interview with the head of a company well known for developing 10mm on other Sig platforms very directly hinting at their company working on a 10mm conversion for the large-frame P320. That was at least a year ago now...

They would really just need to develop the barrel and magazines, and potentially a stronger recoil spring assembly. The rest of the parts from the factory large-frame P320 would (should) be compatible
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#50]
We had a discussion about the possibility of 10mm and .38Super 320s a while back. There was a lot of interest in a 10mm. That thread went to the archives.

Me personally I would be interested in both a 10mm and a .40. 10mm for home defense/hunting and .40 for competition like I mentioned earlier.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top