Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:37:16 AM EDT
I am in the market for a new compact.
Does anyone know where I can find a P224 9mm? All of my current Sigs have the SRT and are DA/SA. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.
Also anyone that has one, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They're certainly drying up, I see fairy good deals on them on Gunbroker sometimes though. The problem is that most I see are .40 or DAK, but that may not turn you off and there are 9mm DA/SA around. I've held one a few times, and honestly kind of want one but it's definitely got its drawbacks. It has a tiny grip relative to high it sits over the hand, making it balance kinda funny. Secondly, it's a chunky little thing, for how small it is it's pretty ungainly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye on gunbroker as I've seen several good deals. Unlike most Sig's, the P224 and P239 share the same slide between calibers so its a simple barrel swap to go from .40 to 9mm. You can convert a DAK to DA/SA but its usually cheaper to buy a DA/SA first.. Register it with Sig and you should receive a 20% off coupon, can use this for a 9mm barrel if you buy the .40..
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently picked up 2 CPO 224's, a SAS version and a Equinox, both in 40. Great shooting guns, a lot softer shooting than I expected.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine in 9 mm. However, they are going to become more and more tough to find since Sig discontinued them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
There is one at the PX here at Fort Polk.  It's chambered in 40.  

There was a 9mm but someone scooped it up.  

The 40 has been in the case for a year now.  I'd snag it today if it were a 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep an eye on gunbroker as I've seen several good deals. Unlike most Sig's, the P224 and P239 share the same slide between calibers so its a simple barrel swap to go from .40 to 9mm. You can convert a DAK to DA/SA but its usually cheaper to buy a DA/SA first.. Register it with Sig and you should receive a 20% off coupon, can use this for a 9mm barrel if you buy the .40..
View Quote
The slides are NOT swapable between a P224 and P239. The 224 slide is swapable with a P229C only. 9MM barrels can we used in the 40 S&W slide as they are the same diameter. The barrel hoods are slightly different in size, but will still work.

Sig is not longer sending 20% off coupons when you register a firearm. They stopped that the beginning of the year. They will still accept any existing 20% off coupons.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The slides are NOT swapable between a P224 and P239. The 224 slide is swapable with a P229C only. 9MM barrels can we used in the 40 S&W slide as they are the same diameter. The barrel hoods are slightly different in size, but will still work.

Sig is not longer sending 20% off coupons when you register a firearm. They stopped that the beginning of the year. They will still accept any existing 20% off coupons.
View Quote
When did I mention the slides were swappable between a P224 and P239?

I said that a P224 as well as a P239 share the same slides with the .40 and .357 versions. So to convert a .40 p224 or .40 P239 in to a 9mm all you need is the 9mm barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top