Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2017 12:01:06 PM EDT
Do you like it? Love it? Regret going SAO over the DA/SA model?

I watched Colion Noir's review of it and wasn't feeling convinced. I'm normally a striker fired guy but recently fell in love with the Legion series of pistols.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you like it? Love it? Regret going SAO over the DA/SA model?

I watched Colion Noir's review of it and wasn't feeling convinced. I'm normally a striker fired guy but recently fell in love with the Legion series of pistols.
View Quote

Own one, love it but it's for sale I like having multiples of the same gun but yea... can't swing the price to have 3 legions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Love it, SAO Got 229 legion to scratch the SA/DA itch
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Get one.  SAO kicks ass.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What mags are those?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The slide catch/release is too close to the safety, and the finish shows fingerprints like a stainless steel refrigerator.

Other than that, everything about it is outstanding, I love it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one a couple weeks before they originally shipped a couple years ago. Far and away the smoothest shooter that I have. I wear it as a Sunday gun, bring it out for new shooters to try, and most importantly it is perhaps my best suppressor host.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What are the yellow dots for on your suppressor?  They look like rear sights, but then that would mean the suppressor was upside down....?  Just curious, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my 226 SAO Legion...it is accurate, great handling and has a decent capacity with 18 round mecgar magazines.
 Trigger pull is fantastic too.

I am never selling mine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I love mine.  I haven't had a single problem with it and the slide catch is in the perfect spot for me.Attachment Attached File

ETA:  I still haven't found a good holster for it.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I love mine.  My favorite feature is the flat trigger.  My finger finds the sweet spot every time.  The trigger is smooth and light; the reset is very short (I think it's shorter than my G19).  Since it's a heavy gun, keeping the sights on target is relatively easy.  The sights are pretty nice too. They are a combo of a green ring with tritium tubes in the middle.  I think they are easy to acquire.
I recently took a handgun course at the Sig Academy and took my 226 Legion SAO.  Swiping the safety on/off is effortless. The fact that it can be carried cocked and locked is huge. It allows you to go single action immediately there is no heavy double action pull like the DA/SA Sigs, Berettas, etc.  I signed up for 2 more courses and will be using the SAO again.

ETA: Raptorfuel- I use the Blackpoint Tactical Leather wing and mag pouches.  It's moIded to allow the user to carry cocked and locked.  It was an awesome holster for me during the day long course at Sig.  It was hot and muggy and the holster didn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What are the yellow dots for on your suppressor?  They look like rear sights, but then that would mean the suppressor was upside down....?  Just curious, thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They are rear sights and they are upside down.  The suppressor is an Alpha Dog, Alpha 9 and has a built in picatinny rail and the sights are built in.  The suppressor can be "clocked" or adjusted so the Picatinny rail is on the top or bottom.  

On top you can use the built in dot sights or mount an RMR or on the bottom you can mount a DBAL for NV or a white light.  Plus the rail ats as a heat sink and actually does keep it cooler than my brothers AAC Tirant-9.  The gun cycles fine with a DBAL I2 hanging off the can which is the heaviest thing I have tried (borrowed my brothers to test).
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Only potential issue with this exemplary example of a pistol is that you can't shoot production with it.    The SAO puts you in limited where if you just having fun, doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#15]
226 holsters work fine (without the Suupressor attached).  Milt Sparks, Richie Leather, Tucker Gun leather etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They are rear sights and they are upside down.  The suppressor is an Alpha Dog, Alpha 9 and has a built in picatinny rail and the sights are built in.  The suppressor can be "clocked" or adjusted so the Picatinny rail is on the top or bottom.  

On top you can use the built in dot sights or mount an RMR or on the bottom you can mount a DBAL for NV or a white light.  Plus the rail ats as a heat sink and actually does keep it cooler than my brothers AAC Tirant-9.  The gun cycles fine with a DBAL I2 hanging off the can which is the heaviest thing I have tried (borrowed my brothers to test).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info smarcus!...and btw, that's one sweet looking gun!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#17]
It's like a 1911 but sexier
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA:  I still haven't found a good holster for it.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What mags are those?
View Quote
@jaqufrost

Apex tactical base pads.  Give +5 9mm.  Got them from midway.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I recall reading about issues with the finish. How would you guys say the finish is on the P226 SAO Legion? Does it hold up?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I recall reading about issues with the finish. How would you guys say the finish is on the P226 SAO Legion? Does it hold up?
View Quote
The sooner you accept that scars give it character and don't affect function the better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
While I was waiting on $450 worth of custom holsters for mine, I picked up one of the safarilands above to "tide me over" (for the 226R). It's lined, and had an easy to use retention device.   You can't beat the price either! 

The finish on my Legion is a bit fragile imho, it didn't take long for the kydex to start taking it off. I hear that nitron is far superior in the wear dept. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Absolutely love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top