Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2017 7:20:36 AM EDT
Anybody here running the 320 with factory threaded bbl and a suppressor?
I work part time for a Sig dealer and am getting reports of problems with 320 cycling when using suppressor.
Boss was on the phone yesterday with Sig about it.  Apparently Sig thinks there could be an issue and is looking into it.
We also manufacture suppressors and have ten of them with the Navy SOCOM guys for eval.  Navy was only going to test with Sig 226 and Glock 19, but since the DoD picked the 320, Navy wants to test with the 320.
Comments?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I run a 320C 9mm w/ factory threaded barrel and an Osprey with no problems.

Factory ammo has never produced any issues.

The only cycling issues I encountered were when I was working on subsonic handloads. I was trying to find out what velocity I needed to stay above for reliable cycling.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a barrel and piston on the way. I'll let you know. 

What suppressor was that Customer running? Maybe a weight problem?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a barrel and piston on the way. I'll let you know. 

What suppressor was that Customer running? Maybe a weight problem?
View Quote
Can?  Booster?  Ammo?  Ammo weight?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a thread on here a while back about a guy having problems.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine runs fine w/ every can I have (45 Octane, 45 Osprey, both 45 & 9mm TiRants, & Surefire Ryder 9.)
Granted, it's only ever shot 147 gr ammo when using cans, but NEVER a hiccup.  
& with the GrayGuns trigger massage, it's my fave hogleg in the safe.  Currently searching for a good IWB holster for it + Inforce.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a follow up. 

Finally got my ghreaded barrel today today and took it and my can to the range. 
The gun only had about 100 round total before today. 
First 3 or 4 mags the gun would not cycle with the suppressor on it, off it worked fine. 
After the 3 or 4 mags it ran fine. 

When i say would not cycle, I mean the slide did not go all the way back and would fail to eject the spent casing. 
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just a follow up. 

Finally got my ghreaded barrel today today and took it and my can to the range. 
The gun only had about 100 round total before today. 
First 3 or 4 mags the gun would not cycle with the suppressor on it, off it worked fine. 
After the 3 or 4 mags it ran fine. 

When i say would not cycle, I mean the slide did not go all the way back and would fail to eject the spent casing. 
View Quote
I ran mine for the first time today suppressed. Same problems. Stove pipe or ftf. Let me know if you figure anything out. I guess I will try to call Sig. Im running a osprey 45 with 115 grain plinking ammo. Federal I think.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I ran mine for the first time today suppressed. Same problems. Stove pipe or ftf. Let me know if you figure anything out. I guess I will try to call Sig. Im running a osprey 45 with 115 grain plinking ammo. Federal I think.
View Quote
Mine worked fine after several mags (I'm thinking it was after 4 if I remember correctly). 
Ill take it back out this week and test it again. Just to make sure it works still 

my theory is the recoil spring needed to be broken in. My gun only had around 100 rounds thru it before trying it with the can on it. I'm somewhere around 200 to 250 total rounds as of today. 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine cycled fine when it was working (P320 Compact w/threaded barrel), but there was either a problem with the barrel or the piston in my GA Revolution can or the ammo I was shooting was shit, as it had an end cap strike which basically destroyed the end cap. Baffles were ok, just the end cap got ruined. It yanked the can over the threads on the barrel, ruining them. To Sig's credit they issued an RMA pretty instantly, even though it took them quite a few weeks to replace the barrel...I haven't shot it since I got it back. The ammo I was shooting was Fed Aluminum-cased 115 gr 9mm. For the record that was the 2nd time that ammo has acted badly in a suppressor; the .45ACP flavor of the same ammo also swiped the end cap on my GA Revo45 earlier. It also has a shit reliability record in my MP5K clone and anything with a stepped chamber in 9mm (most Walthers, etc)...

It's worth noting that other than the Fed crap I was shooting my own reloads, which was IIRC 4gr of Hodgdon CFE with a 147gr ball on top and it worked fine; no strikes using that. It's also close to the max recommended load with that powder so it had plenty of energy to cycle the action...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine cycled fine when it was working (P320 Compact w/threaded barrel), but there was either a problem with the barrel or the piston in my GA Revolution can or the ammo I was shooting was shit, as it had an end cap strike which basically destroyed the end cap. Baffles were ok, just the end cap got ruined. It yanked the can over the threads on the barrel, ruining them. To Sig's credit they issued an RMA pretty instantly, even though it took them quite a few weeks to replace the barrel...I haven't shot it since I got it back. The ammo I was shooting was Fed Aluminum-cased 115 gr 9mm. For the record that was the 2nd time that ammo has acted badly in a suppressor; the .45ACP flavor of the same ammo also swiped the end cap on my GA Revo45 earlier. It also has a shit reliability record in my MP5K clone and anything with a stepped chamber in 9mm (most Walthers, etc)...

It's worth noting that other than the Fed crap I was shooting my own reloads, which was IIRC 4gr of Hodgdon CFE with a 147gr ball on top and it worked fine; no strikes using that. It's also close to the max recommended load with that powder so it had plenty of energy to cycle the action...
View Quote
For the record, my can was also a Griffin. A Optimus, not a Rev. 
my other theory is the piston was not "engaged" properly at first. I say this because the can parts are right hand threaded and the barrel is left hand. 
I noticed when putting the can on the first time when I got it right on the barrel, it started to loosen the piston housing. I eventually got it on there with the piston housing and barrel mated tight. 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
My 320 tacops runs fine with the factory barrel, Osprey, Hybrid, and WWB ammo
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Took it out today and it does seem my problem was caused by the piston housing being slightly loose. 
It ran fine for about 6 mags then several failure to eject.. snugged the piston housing and problem went away. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Ran some 147 grain speer through my P320 yesterday with my octane attached. Ran fine, no issues. I guess 115 grain is too light to cycle the pistol.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got a factory threaded barrel for my P320C and took it out today with my AAC Tirant 9. I ran 2 mags through and it wouldn't cycle once. Had to rack the slide every single time. I run the same ammo and can through my Glock and Beretta 92. Never had an issue.
Needless to say I wasn't happy. Barrel will show up in the EE soon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just got a factory threaded barrel for my P320C and took it out today with my AAC Tirant 9. I ran 2 mags through and it wouldn't cycle once. Had to rack the slide every single time. I run the same ammo and can through my Glock and Beretta 92. Never had an issue.
Needless to say I wasn't happy. Barrel will show up in the EE soon.
View Quote
How many rounds do you have thru your P320?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How many rounds do you have thru your P320?
View Quote
Around 300.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Around 300.
View Quote
Thats about what mine has thru it.. it could be that the recoil spring hasn't broken in yet. give it another try before selling the barrel.
I had the same problem and, although I think the can being loose on the piston was part of it, it did start to cycle after several mags of it jamming every shot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thats about what mine has thru it.. it could be that the recoil spring hasn't broken in yet. give it another try before selling the barrel.
I had the same problem and, although I think the can being loose on the piston was part of it, it did start to cycle after several mags of it jamming every shot.
View Quote
I definitely checked the piston to make sure it was on right. I will shoot the gun unsuppressed a little more then try it suppressed again. I will post here with an update. Thanks right_rudder.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I use mine with my Gemtech Multi Mount.  Factory barrel, Win 147 gr ammo, its been perfect.  Not one issue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Every one of you guys are liars.  

I see not one sweet pic of a suppressed 320.  

Let's get with the program.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I have run my 320C with both of my 115 and 147 grain reloads using a Gemtech Multi mount suppressor, not one issue other then I get a little bit of crud hitting me in the face with the 115's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Frickin awesome lookin shooters.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the TACOPs and use an Octane 9 on it with subs without a problem.  I do find it spits more crud at me than my G19 does though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have the TACOPs and use an Octane 9 on it with subs without a problem.  I do find it spits more crud at me than my G19 does though.
View Quote
You know. I thought the same thing and went and tested it today. Mine definitely spits more then my 19. 

It seems to spit from the slide railways. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top