Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2016 2:21:50 PM EDT
So I'm getting a used 229 e2 tonight with trijicon night sights and srt trigger. Gun is in new shape and probably only been shot a few times. So anyways I'm looking for some grip and light recommendations. I'm currently looking at going with some hogue g10 piranha in green as the e2's don't fit me all that great and I'm looking to add a little color to it.

Next I'm trying to decide on a light for it. This gun will be pulling all kinds of duty from edc to night stand to a few classes here and there. I normally go with a surefire x300 but I feel like it will stick out to far off the end of the gun. Basically I want something a little smaller but without sacrificing how great of a light the x300 is.  Anyone running the xc1? How is it?  

So what's everyone's opinions and I'd love to see some pics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a whole lot of help for you, as I've gone away from other grips and gone to all E2's on my 229, 228's, and 226.  

My standard light right now is the TLR-1, due to cost, functionality, use, and memory.  I'm sure there are better/brighter/more expensive, but I've had good luck with them and continue to move the several I have from gun to gun as necessary.
I have the SRT in the 226, and may eventually put one in the 229, but it sounds like you've got a good set-up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my 228 with G10 G-Mascus in green:

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the E2 grips better than any of the aftermarket grips, so my advice would be shoot it before you change them.  If you have bigger hands and insist on changing them I would go with a set of VZ G10's.

As far as the light, the XC1 has a pathetic output compared to the X300, and the controls are in a goofy location.  I would suggest giving the TLR-1 HL a try.  It's a little shorter than the X300, but still has a good lumen output.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
My personal favorites are the green g10 piranha grips. They are great, but if ccw they can eat into your side uncomfortably during the day. As for a light, I like the tlr series and in particular the tlr4 for the 229. It's a light / laser but it works well. Honestly my favorite upgrade is the srt and is on both my 226 and 229. It's not  expensive or time consuming.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have an e2, so I can't comment on the grips.  But I have a TLR-1HL on mine and it's fine.  If you want to CCW it, maybe the xc1 but if you OWB then finding a TLR-1 holster will be easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top