Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 12:37:00 AM EDT
I have one and at first didn't have much love for the pistol myself. I got out of 9mm for awhile and gave each one of my kids one of my 9mm leaving me just one a Kahr PM9. After a few years I got back into the caliber and looked to replace the PM9 with a new one. All black with night sights put it at around $750.00 which I didn't want to spend so I went to my local gun store who had the Sig 290rs for $415.00. This pistol came with 2 6 round magazines and 1 8 round magazine also it came with night sights. They are close to the same size with the Sig being 2 ounces heavier but the big difference was the trigger. Anyone who has had a Kahr pistol knows how smooth the trigger is like a custom revolver trigger. After several range trips the trigger never improved and at that point I had wished I spent the extra cash for the Kahr. I then had the trigger changed with a Galloway trigger and spring kit. Wow what a difference and know after almost a year of shooting it the trigger has gotten just as good as the Kahr. The trigger springs and steel guide rod cost around $100. bringing it well under the cost of the Kahr. Also the magazine spring are still as stiff as when I purchased the weapon and no ammo comes out as did occur a few times with the Kahr magazines. It seems you don't see many of the P290rs around they are rarely talked about and see very few on this site for sale. They came out with one with 1 magazine and standard sights that was priced around $300.00 yet again no one is talking about them. I have checked out the new Glock 43 but didn't find it as something that I would get rid of the Sig for it. What's up with the 290rs?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The trigger sucks.  I would have one if they would have not put a million pound trigger in them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry one on my ankle as my backup while working. I like it
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Fine pistol. I have no problems with mine.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Love mine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to see others enjoying the 290rs.For the one who responded about the trigger the Galloway does for the Sig as the Apex does for the Smith.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
FPNI. I had a chance to demo thanks to a Sig rep and I immediately despised the trigger.

However, suppose they made one just like it, but with the P320 striker fired system....  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FPNI. I had a chance to demo thanks to a Sig rep and I immediately despised the trigger.

However, suppose they made one just like it, but with the P320 striker fired system....  
View Quote

I would be all over that as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm indifferent; I like it and the trigger is just like a J-frame's...but I would like to lighten and shorten it a little.  The Galloway trigger and spring kit may be the ticket.  It's a beefing design for the size, but the full-size sights make a big difference at extended ranges.  I would like to hear from those who have the Galloway installed and how the trigger breaks.  I have a couple well-used S&W revolvers and the DA triggers are smooth and deceptively two-staged where I can pretty much pull it to a singe-action break.

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top