Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2005 9:30:07 AM EDT
GSR, no workee.  Like that is a surprise to them.  If they don't reimburse me, I am not going to be happy.  Asshats wouldn't give me their FEDEX account number.  

This really pisses me off, as I have been in customer service for many years and would never make a customer pay in the same circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
When I sent my 226 back I had to pay the ride to them. They fixed it at no cost and paid for the trip back to me. I was the second owner so I was pleased. Kel Tec did the same and I was the first owner of the P32. John
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Smith and Wesson paid round trip and send me a Fedex box for a 15 yr. old $200 gun.  The Sig retails for almost 6 times that amount.
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My GSR had to go back TWICE,  and over some of the most ridiculous malfunctions i've ever witnessed!  The first time,  2 parts were literally falling and flying OFF of the handgun!!!  The 2nd time my ejector broke!!!  

After the 2nd time I immediately traded it across the board for a Springfield Trophy Match.  I felt sort of bad for the sucker that bought it later on from my dealer,  but I figure hell...  if SIG was willing to give it back to me after being reworked the 2nd time,  it's  THEIR name on the gun,  not mine.

They paid for S&H both times,  both ways.

I'd call them up and give them an earful UNLESS something on your GSR broke due to your negligence.

This upsets me just hearing about it.  Their problems with their $1k 1911 (POS GSR) should 100% remain their problem and making you pay for shipping along with the inconvenience of not having your new firearm is a crock of schit.  I'd call them back and use that approach (it should remain their problem as much as possible cost-wise) with them.  I did.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
my gsr had to go back to the factory for a factory pitted barrel they sent me a next day thing in my email and they sent me 2 mags extra with the gun
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It has been close to 10 days.  I called.  Nobody has touched it yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked at a gunstore for 7 years and we always had to pay for shipping a gun back for warranty work.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the Sig back yesterday.  I blasted 50 rounds of Winchester white box and 50 reload rounds, all hardball,  doing medium and fast double taps.  Seems to be fixed, but I won't feel comfortable with it until around 1000 round count.  The first failure before the return was on the first magazine fired, so it does look promising.

They did give me a free Novak magazine, so I don't mind the shipping cost so much now.

I plan to install a 18.5 lb wolf recoil spring and a full length guide rod ASAP.  

Notes said they polished the throat.  It looks like a completely different throat, so they definately throated the frame and barrel.  They replaced the extractor.  The tension is much lighter and the bottom of the hook is rounded, which is the first thing I would have done, if I didn't have such an aversion to grinding on a gun that now retails for $1100 to $1300.  

They sent me a Sig Sauer sticker that says "SIG SAUER, To Hell and Back Reliability".
From the reports I have heard it needs to say:  (except for our GSR).
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#9]
My 228 was in "storage" for 8 years while I was in the military. When I got home, I sent the gun back to Sig for an inspection (pins, springs, etc...). I had the pistol back in less than two weeks (with a printout of everything that had been checked). It appeared that they had completely stripped it down and gave it a good inspection. No problems were found.

I paid the shipping to send it in, but they paid to send it back and did'nt charge for the inspection. I was very happy with their service. However, that was 8 years ago. Can't vouch for them now, for that was the last time I've dealt with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top