Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2016 2:52:06 PM EDT
I'm seriously a few days from buying one in sao, however I'm trying to figure out what the reset is like on the sao. Ie, if i had both versions in my hand, and fired a shot, then slowly let the trigger out to reset, would both versions reset in the same place? I'm trying to figure out if the sao is just a sa/da with no double action and a flat trigger, or a different beast all together. 

On a side note, how difficult is our to add the jet funnel that's on the 226R tac onto these (226 legion) ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I pick mine up in the morning and let you know what I think then. From what I read, most people say it's the same feel just without the DA
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
SAO is completely different that the da/sa. The Sao had the best reset of any gun including $$$ 1911's I've ever felt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAO is completely different that the da/sa. The Sao had the best reset of any gun including $$$ 1911's I've ever felt.
View Quote

Im traditionally a 1911 fan, have owned a 2010 Model kimber custom 2 tle/rl, a para black ops combat, a sig scorpion carry threaded, and a sig p238. I'm hoping to find a trigger similar or better in a "combat" handgun. I called sig customer service and the gentleman told me the sao doesn't have the srt trigger but ironically enough the description on the sig legion website says the opposite so i don't know who to believe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I can bring my 226 SAO and 229 DA/SA by the store if you want to check out the difference. Neither are Legion, but both are Elite with short reset triggers and the non-legion trigger isn't flat. I have a flat apex trigger on my 320's and really like the feel of it. I think that it would be pretty awesome on the SAO.

I'm the guy that picked up the 22/45 tonight for the youth shoot at KCR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a SAO Legion and compared it to a DA/SA Legion before buying the SAO.

The SAO resets in about half the distance as the DA/SA but both are really, really short. Honestly, I don't think there is any practical difference between the two on the reset when they are run at speed.

Might you have a finger that is sensitive-/trained-/conditioned-enough to tell the difference? Maybe, but that would be an exception.

Keep in mind that the SAO trigger is flat and it functions by pivoting at the top. That allows you a little control of the the reset. Put your finger closer to the top of the trigger, the reset is shorter...down toward the bottom, it is slightly longer. That difference is perceivable in dedicated slow fire, but again, at speed it will be immaterial for the vast majority of shooters.

MikeN
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much, that's kind of what i was understanding too. I'm confident I'll go with the sao.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can bring my 226 SAO and 229 DA/SA by the store if you want to check out the difference. Neither are Legion, but both are Elite with short reset triggers and the non-legion trigger isn't flat. I have a flat apex trigger on my 320's and really like the feel of it. I think that it would be pretty awesome on the SAO.

View Quote

Ha no way! That's awesome. You don't have to, but if you did i would greatly appreciate it. Can you tell a big difference in the reset between the two?
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
If the Tacops has the srt trigger in it(I'm not sure) the legion SAO is 10x better. I traded my Tacops the second i tried the trigger and reset of the legion SAO and haven't carried another gun since.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks so much, that's kind of what i was understanding too. I'm confident I'll go with the sao.
View Quote

I had the exact same questions as you. Sadly I never got to handle a dasa legion, but went ahead and did a blind buy on a SAO legion from a fellow member. I will say it is FUCKING AWESOME. You just think about resetting the trigger and click, its ready to go. It is damn near impossible to not shoot the thing as fast as you can. You will not regret the purchase. I can't wait to shoot it again. Just buy it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ha no way! That's awesome. You don't have to, but if you did i would greatly appreciate it. Can you tell a big difference in the reset between the two?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't notice any difference between the reset on either pistol. Both are Elite models with a factory short reset trigger and has the smooth short siggy sweetness of the SA. I've always appreciated the SA smoothness and the security of the DA pull for a carry gun. I personally wouldn't use the SAO for a carry gun, but wanted the SAO's smooth short consistency for a competition gun.

One thing that I've found with people discussing Sig is some confusion with the SRT. SIg has two SRT's; one is a short reset trigger and the other is a short reach trigger. Elite has a short reset trigger.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't notice any difference between the reset on either pistol. Both are Elite models with a factory short reset trigger and has the smooth short siggy sweetness of the SA. I've always appreciated the SA smoothness and the security of the DA pull for a carry gun. I personally wouldn't use the SAO for a carry gun, but wanted the SAO's smooth short consistency for a competition gun.

One thing that I've found with people discussing Sig is some confusion with the SRT. SIg has two SRT's; one is a short reset trigger and the other is a short reach trigger. Elite has a short reset trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far there has only been a few people that had anything bad to say about the 226 legion. One was a clear qc issue (finish inside magwell) and the other just complained about the legion branding gimmicky-ness. I've pretty much decided when my fnx45tac comes back from FNH it'll be right back out the door and replaced with the 226sao legion. I reallocate do appreciate everyone's help.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
My personal experience.  The SAO has a shorter reset and lighter/crisper SA pull.  The SRT triggers in these have also been advertised as grey triggers and are supposedly slightly better than the regular SRT triggers but that could all be shop talk.  Unless you're going to carry, I would get the SAO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Im used a 1911, so i was just going to get one and carry condition 1.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I just picked mine up yesterday and I'm very impressed! I wish the 229 was offered in SAO, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]

I picked up an SAO Legion yesterday.

Wow.  This thing has the best factory trigger I have ever felt; to include the 1911's I have owned.

Mine gauges at about 2.95 pounds, and the reset is, as mentioned above, almost imperceptibly short.  In contrast to some other short reset guns I own such as the PPQ, there is also zero take-up from the point of reset.  When I get home tonight, I will take a caliper and try to measure the reset distance.  i'm just amazed it is as short as it is.  I would be surprised if it is even an 1/8 of an inch.

I think I'm going to be very pleased with this gun.  I'm looking forward to shooting it.

I'm going to drop a threaded barrel in it that I already own, and call it done.  I don't think I have ever said that about any other handgun I own, and I own a few.  It is damn near perfect out of the box.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one on order.

Ordered it on blind faith from the reviews I've read.

Then, yesterday, I went to the LGS and handled one.

It blew away my expectations.  As a former 226 ELITE SAO owner, this thing is in a different league.  When comparing it to TRP triggers, Dan Wesson 1911 triggers......It has more "pre-travel", or in 1911 terms, that floating movement before it hits the wall......but otherwise the actual break is less creepy than a decent off the shelf 1911, and the reset is literally just as short.

No joke, they put a 1911 reset in a production Sig....and a cleaner break.

Its the best trigger I have felt in any firearm short of at the very least a semi-custom 1911.

I will most likely be carrying this one on duty, buying one additional one as a backup, then selling the rest of my handguns and maybe getting a PPQ for something to carry thats larger than my G43 but a little more tidy than a full size 226.

If they'd make a 229 SAO........well, this wouldn't be an issue.

With my recent trials of Glocks and them being a disappointment, the old school 226 may be saving the day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Its the best trigger I have felt in any firearm short of at the very least a semi-custom 1911.

View Quote

Agreed.  The only production gun I have that equals this thing is my STi 1911.  The 1911 might have a bit less "creepy" break, but that's it.

The only pistols I own that have a better trigger are 1911's that have been to a smith at some point in their life with me.

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agreed.  The only production gun I have that equals this thing is my STi 1911.  The 1911 might have a bit less "creepy" break, but that's it.

The only pistols I own that have a better trigger are 1911's that have been to a smith at some point in their life with me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo. Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^^^

The SAO has a true match grade trigger.  The reset on the SAO is half the stroke of a Sig SRT in a DASA.  The pull feels kinda reminds me of using a Geissele SSA-E in my AR, light pull to set point then anything more and she goes bang.  If you are just ripping through it, you will never even notice the set.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Shot a buddy's SAO Legion... it's pretty much ridiculous. The trigger is insane. All but ruined my 'regular' SAO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Just traded my 226 TacOps for one this morning. LGS had the SAO for $1149.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine just shipped
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Are the legions a limited run gun? That is to say, if I don't buy now, will they be all gone in a few months?  Or is this going to be a continuous product line?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I pick mine up in the morning and let you know what I think then. From what I read, most people say it's the same feel just without the DA
View Quote

How is the Slide/Frame fit on your legion?  Does it rattle like a loose 1911?  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I really wish they would do a SAO 229 now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really wish they would do a SAO 229 now.
View Quote

This.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  They need to do the entire P series in SAO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I asked this exact thing of a buddy who works there. It's not a limited run or series; he said it would be a permanent fixture.*

*I'd guess this is subject to sales over the long term, like any product line. But it shouldn't be gone anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the legions a limited run gun? That is to say, if I don't buy now, will they be all gone in a few months?  Or is this going to be a continuous product line?

I asked this exact thing of a buddy who works there. It's not a limited run or series; he said it would be a permanent fixture.*

*I'd guess this is subject to sales over the long term, like any product line. But it shouldn't be gone anytime soon.

Thanks for that tidbit of info. Any chance you can ask your buddy if they have any plans for a 229 SAO Legion?

I've always carried dasa and striker guns, but that gun would immediately become my edc, especially if in .40, I would train for carrying cocked and locked. Never been tempted by that until my 226 SAO Legion....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top