Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 9:17:21 PM EDT
for a shiny new Sig 220 ST.  I got some of my money back out of the Chucky for the Sig.

I haven't fired it yet, but I feel much better now.

On to some classes and practice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
If you got a 220st for less than a CD you done very good grasshopper.

Be warned though. Unless you learn the secret handshake and both the Greater and Lessor Mysteries, you will be in constant danger.

Some advice.

Clean it fully before shooting the first time. SiGs love lube. It will take between 1000-2000 rounds before it is fully broken in. The SiG 220's favorite ammo is LOTTS.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you got a 220st or less than a CD you done very good grasshopper.

Oh -- no, I got $200 for the CD (for which I originally paid way too much, I find now) -- which they took off the Sig.  The Sig was over $700; I don't remember quite.  Sticker shock, but I figure it is worth it and I can blame myself if I keep hitting the berm.

Be warned though. Unless you learn the secret handshake and both the Greater and Lessor Mysteries, you will be in constant danger.

Of buying more?  Nah, I'm in the process of buying a house so no danger of that.

Some advice.

Clean it fully before shooting the first time. SiGs love lube. It will take between 1000-2000 rounds before it is fully broken in. The SiG 220's favorite ammo is LOTTS.

OK -- should I use CLP?  It appears that it has some sort of grease on the slide.

Is PMC ammo OK to use, or is it too cheap?

Thanks alot!  

PS -- that damascus fixed blade knife you just posted is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Clean all of that grease off.  CLP is fine, I use it some of the time.  My Sig will shoot any kind of ammo and doesn't complain when I use cheap stuff.  I would agree that Sigs love LOTS of ammo!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
SiG owners don't buy houses. We buy three and four bedroom gun safes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SiG owners don't buy houses. We buy three and four bedroom gun safes.

LOL Now I have this image of you opening a door in your house and having handguns and various beautiful knives spilling out....
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, everyone.

I had a chance to go to the range yesterday.  At 25 yards I hit the paper and occassionaly hit the center.  I found I was stringing horizontally from left to the center.  No malfunctions at all -- it's a pure joy to shoot.

I also got a chance to shoot some S&W revolvers for the first time.  .357 and .44 magnum.  The one felt as though it weighed eight pounds!  The fellow had a holosight on it and it was all I could do to hold it steady.  The recoil wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected.  Very fun.

This probably means at some point I'll want a revolver.  Addictive!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks, everyone.

I had a chance to go to the range yesterday.  At 25 yards I hit the paper and occassionaly hit the center.  I found I was stringing horizontally from left to the center.  No malfunctions at all -- it's a pure joy to shoot.

I also got a chance to shoot some S&W revolvers for the first time.  .357 and .44 magnum.  The one felt as though it weighed eight pounds!  The fellow had a holosight on it and it was all I could do to hold it steady.  The recoil wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected.  Very fun.

This probably means at some point I'll want a revolver.  Addictive!

Wheelguns are more addictive than SiGs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top