Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 10:29:59 PM EDT
I picked up a Sig Full Size 320 in 9MM that comes with the medium size grip that I changed out for the small.  A striker fire pistol from Sig just released last year and no real known endurance test for reliability on function and parts.  Hey I got a great deal on this pistol and could not pass it up for half of retail and that's all I will say about that.  I cleaned and lubed the pistol prior to the range and the looks of the gun kind of grow on you.  I say this because the classic look of the 226 is what I know and like.  At the range I began at the 5 yard line for a few rounds to get use to the trigger and fired the rest from 15 yards.  I shoot Glocks and the Sig trigger seemed to be heavier but the take up was shorter to include the reset.  I shot 100 rounds of Lawman TMJ 147 GR and did noticed the trigger improved and felt smoother, well to me it did.  The gun was a little stiff and I had one issue that seem to go away after a few magazines.  

The issue was when loading the gun with the slide locked back and then releasing the slide release the round failed to feed correctly.  I cleared the chamber and loaded it the same way and it fed properly but I could feel a little drag.  The magazine was only loaded to 16 rounds and I marked the mag in case it was the issue.  I decided to try my other magazines with the same loading procedure and could still feel the drag where the slide was not moving smoothly.  During my shooting the gun worked with no problems and during empty reloads the drag issue seemed to go away.   I only shot 100 rounds this is not a review but just an observation of my experience so far with Sig's striker fire P320.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the mini review.  I'm waiting for the .45acp version.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for posting.
I purchased a compact p320.  I have not received it yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I own 3 P320 Compacts and all have been 100% in every way w/every kind of ammo I've tried (appx 800rds total for all 3).
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The issue was when loading the gun with the slide locked back and then releasing the slide release the round failed to feed correctly.
View Quote

I had the same problem with my Compact. First round I loaded in it slingshot and it didnt feed, then tried to load it with the slide back as you did and the same thing. After a few boxes of ammo the problem has completely gone away and havent had the issue since in approximately 500 rounds. I learned a lesson, always take video when firing first shots out of your handgun if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top