Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:23:58 PM EDT
I just bought a used P226 and not caring too much where it was made was surprised to see it was 1991 West German....at least I thought. It has the U prefix and the German proof mark dated 91 but here is where it get's shady. You can see where a serial number had existed on the slide between the ejection port and billboard. Looks like it had been smoothed over and refinished in that one spot. Then the barrel had been numbered and stamped over with X's. I don't think I can deny it's all West German, but all different parts.

Do you think they shit canned a frame from another gun and threw the barrel and slide on a new frame?

Here you can see where the serial number had been removed.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it does like a little bit like that.  if you look at the numbers on the frame it appears that it was made in 1996 where you're barrel and slide say '91.

If it was done at Sig, I would have thought they would have restamped the serial number on the slide and just eradicating the serial number on the barrel is pretty strange also.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Never seen this before, but then I haven't bought any refurb'd pistols.  Curious....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Took the slide back off today to oil it before I function tested it and the barrel sit down in the slide with no wiggle/ looseness whatsoever. It shot like a dream.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a CPO P220 that was assembled out of a stamped slide and a stainless frame.

I think when they have parts left over for various reasons, they build guns out of them once they are done refurbing the whole ones.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a used W. German Sig P220 that was police surplus. The slide and barrel were from a different gun than the frame. Gun would function but the moment ammo was introduced into the mix. Jam city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top