Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 1:46:36 PM EDT
Just traded my P938 for a 9mm P226 (no issues with the 938, just a little small for my hands even with the 7 round mag) and I read that you can modify Beretta 92 series mags for a 226 by cutting another mag catch notch. Since I have a few lying around I'm no longer using I'm gonna give it a try, just curious if anyone here has tried this. I've read that the newer 226s with the E2 grip have slightly wider mags, unsure if the 92 series is same width as the old mags or the new ones but sounds like it should still work either way.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be interested in this as well.  I don't think there are any differences in the P226 mags based on the E2 grips.  The P228/P229s with E2s do have different mags though.

Please post some pictures when you are done.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It worked for me.   I only used them as range mags in my 226.    Its nice because you can still use them in the 92.      Nothing to worry about with the E2 grips.   Same mag well in 9mm.    As far as 229 mags go you can use the old in the new but not the new in the old,  the new 229-1 mags have the same shoulder that the 357/40 mags have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top