Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:52:27 AM EDT
I am interested in buying a Sig P226 with a threaded barrel. I'm debating on the combat TB or the scorpion TB.
Any comments, Input or experience with these guns?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are great guns. The only major difference between the two is the finish on them. The Combat is anodized and the Scorpion is Cerakote.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Either one should be great.  The MK25 TB would be another good choice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I may be wrong but I believe the combat has a longer barrel and has a corrosion resistant finish and the scorpion has a short reset trigger. I was thinking about the mk25 but I'm sure most of the price is the anchor on the side. Plus it has a corrosion resistant finish also.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may be wrong but I believe the combat has a longer barrel and has a corrosion resistant finish and the scorpion has a short reset trigger. I was thinking about the mk25 but I'm sure most of the price is the anchor on the side. Plus it has a corrosion resistant finish also.
View Quote

Also a real picatinny rail not a Sig rail
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I vote Combat. I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The mk25 has a chrome lined barrel, corrosion resistant coating on the internal, the shorter legacy extractor that is less prone to breaking, three magazines, and a standardized rail. Worth way more than the extra $50 it cost.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The mk25 has a chrome lined barrel, corrosion resistant coating on the internal, the shorter legacy extractor that is less prone to breaking, three magazines, and a standardized rail. Worth way more than the extra $50 it cost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. News to me. Thanks! So out of the three (combat, scorpion, and MK25) what's gonna be busy buy performance? They are all 3 really appealing but no way can I afford all 3 lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Both are great guns. The only major difference between the two is the finish on them. The Combat is anodized and the Scorpion is Cerakote.
View Quote

OP, scorpion also has the extended beavertail that isn't present on either the combat or the MK25 and would be the only way to get it f that's important to you.

ETA: i got have a combat TB with the short extractor and love it!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a 226 scorpion a few months back and I love it.  I did have the trigger bar break on about the 30th round through it.  I called Sig and they took care of it quickly.  My other sigs have been rock solid.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll add a +1 for the MK 25.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

JUST DO IT.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUST DO IT.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/eboggs09/IMG_0270_zps91961fd1.jpg

All the cool kids are. Come on, you can't get pregnant the first time.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a Mk25 threaded barrel??  
Can't find it on Sig's website.  Are people getting a Mk25 and then buying a threaded barrel (would lose the chrome lining, and you wouldn't have suppressor height sights(?))
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a Mk25 threaded barrel??  
Can't find it on Sig's website.  Are people getting a Mk25 and then buying a threaded barrel (would lose the chrome lining, and you wouldn't have suppressor height sights(?))
View Quote

Yes there is.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=mk25+threaded
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine came from the factory with the threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#17]
MK25's come with a phosphated barrel, not chrome lined....there is a picture floating around with the two next to each other....the Phosphate is a much flatter finish. although could be mistaken for Chrome Lined if one has never seen a chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
MK25's come with a phosphated barrel, not chrome lined....there is a picture floating around with the two next to each other....the Phosphate is a much flatter finish. although could be mistaken for Chrome Lined if one has never seen a chrome lined barrel.
View Quote

It's phosphate coated, chrome lined.

clicky
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Navy, Where did you get the cool wood grips?  I like those.

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65776

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/SAM_0348.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUST DO IT.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af56/eboggs09/IMG_0270_zps91961fd1.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65776

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/SAM_0348.jpg

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The P226 Combat is built with a Stainless Steel Slide with a Nitron finish on an anodized alloy frame.

The barrel is hard chrome lined and Nitron finished as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
That MK25 looks nice! But I do think im gonna go with the Scorpion TB. I like the beaver tail and the tan coating. Very close call though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top