Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 3:16:47 PM EDT
/3/]GGI spring kit

What changes does the GGI (#4) spring kit make to the gun specifically? Considering I were to purchase the full kit, plus the GGI pink spring: Does it make the hammer easier to cock, does the slide lock up better, what does it do aside from messing with the trigger weight/pull? Does it work with the SRT kit?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The 17X and 19X hammer (or mainspring) will make the trigger pull lighter when firing double action, it won't affect the trigger on subsequent shots when the slide has already cocked the hammer,  The factory spring is 24 pounds.  You lighter springs will also hit the primer with less energy, so there is a greater chance of misfires.

I don't know what the other springs will do compared to the factory.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The pink Gray Guns recoil spring is a heavy duty spring that's meant for shooting +P ammunition exclusively and I  believe that it will cause malfunction problems with standard pressure ammunition and the standard OEM SIG recoil springs are fine for +P anyway.

I shoot, on average, 1500 rounds a month through my SIGs and they have proven to be exceptionally reliable with stock, OEM SIG springs.

SIGs are turnkey guns, you buy them, lube them properly, and shoot the hell out of them.

Respectfully; I believe that in general, playing the 1911 parts swapping game with SIGs is going to lessen, rather than improve, their reliability.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's a recent thread discussing this matter:

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=5&f=14&t=144826
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top