Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 12:38:41 PM EDT
I'm a little disappointed to say that I'm a little disappointed with my recent purchase of a P938 Equinox. I sold a P238 in order to fund this new 9mm that will hold the duty as my daily carry handgun. I can't say that I'm sorry that I sold the P238 it despite the fact that it functioned great and had an excellent trigger feel/pull for a factory gun... But I am disappointed that the P938 I ended up with has a trigger that even the gunsmith at the LGS said was substantially heavier than any he'd seen from Sig. He told me that he has done quite a few trigger jobs on the 938 but this one was exceptionally heavy. My first trip to the range was very frustrating as the trigger felt unpredictable and very heavy. I felt as though my shots weren't hitting where I wanted them to land due to the fact that I was forcing myself to pull the trigger instead of squeeze. I thought at first that it was all in my head but apparently I was wrong. What is most frustrating is that I paid 700 big ones for a firearm from a "premium" manufacturer that simply wasn't up to snuff. The worst part is that now I'm going to have to fork over an additional $75 for a trigger job in order to get it to where it should have been when the gun shipped from the factory. Ok... Rant over. Still love my sigs but they sure don't love keeping my wallet happy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds do you have through it so far?  Mine got better with a higher round count.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A little over 100 live rounds. Threw in the snap caps and spent the better part of two nights clicking away. Couldn't really tell if it made much of a difference. Was still very heavy, unpredictable, and gritty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine's still heavy, but pretty smooth.   I wonder if there is something left over from the manufacturing process (machining marks or debris) causing the gritty feel?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Try something.  Loosen the top screw of the grip and see if that improves the trigger.  If so, send it in and have them fix it.

Bp
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try a lighter mainspring...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try something.  Loosen the top screw of the grip and see if that improves the trigger.  If so, send it in and have them fix it.

Bp
View Quote

Is this a known issue? If the trigger pull does improve, what, exactly, would require fixing? Mine is not gritty, but is quite heavy and something I intended to address after a few hundred more rounds for break in. Is one side or the other going to be the specific culprit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top