Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2013 8:21:18 PM EDT
I bought a new sig p226 rtss and had a couple questions. I asked on other sites but want to get a general consensus on some perceived issues. First, I noticed after cleaning tonight that the ejector is loose. It wiggles around a bit. Normal or not? 2nd, I am assuming that the scratch on the frame under the decocker is normal wear from using the decocker (I have a stainless model if it makes a difference), similar to the scratch mark from the safety on an AK or FAL. Also, when the deocker is used and spring to the top again it seems to be putting a chip in the frame. Again, normal wear or not? Thanks for the help. Here is a pic. There is some grease showing because I wanted to see if it would help reduce the wear from the decocker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Totally normal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know if this indentation is going to stop. Everytime I go shooting it gets a bit worse. I called sig and they said it was normal like others have said. I am just wondering when it will stop chipping in to the frame. Would different grips help keep the decocker lever from hitting the frame at the top?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Normal. Ejector floats. The de-cocker can easily be removed and sanded down a bit in the area where it is contacting if its that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
it is normal. every sig i have ever held has had the same mark. and yes the marks on the barrel are normal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top