Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:14:26 AM EDT
I have a SIG 1911 4.25in barrel scorpion that Ive had for around 6 months. Ever since Ive owned it its shot high left. I would think a handgun close to $1000 would be dead on at 25 yards.
Am I just picky or am I going to have to acquire a set of adjustable sights to be on point?
If I send it to sig could they drift the sights to get it sighted in for me at no charge?

Ps, I thought the POI might have just been my shooting style/error, but Ive had 3 other people shoot this including a IPSC shooter, and all have verified my claims so I believe the issue is with the firearm, not the shooter. All verification shots were at 25 yards, benchrest.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How high are you shooting at 25 yards? Using the sight picture on the right, I'm hitting about 1 inch high at 25 yards with my scorpion carry.   I was surprised and actually prefer it.  Lots of handguns have you cover the target with the dot now a days which makes it hard for me to shoot 6 inch plates at 25 yards.

Mine was shooting a little left, which I figured was me.  I just moved the rear sight to the right since the front is pinned.  David

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah ok. Yeah I was using the sight picture on the left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top