Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2011 3:29:24 PM EDT
Ordered the TopGunSupply kit. Got around to installing the newer seat, mainspring, and hammer strut. However there is some play when I push this assembly inwards toward the grip frame of the gun. It feels very weird cocking the hammer and decocking does not really work at all. And now I am confusing myself. The newer spring that order with this kit should be shorter than the one already in there correct? Not by much, but it is shorter.

BEFORE

AFTER/NOT WORKING

This is how far the decocker works

And HERE is a youtube of it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Your hammer strut isn't installed correctly.  Remove the strut and decock.  The hammer needs to be up when you install it.  

The strut needs to point straight up, like in your first picture.  Push it up and rearward into the frame.  You'll be able to feel it if you push up on the mainspring and work the hammer with your finger.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Your hammer strut isn't installed correctly.  Remove the strut and decock.  The hammer needs to be up when you install it.  

The strut needs to point straight up, like in your first picture.  Push it up and rearward into the frame.  You'll be able to feel it if you push up on the mainspring and work the hammer with your finger.

^^^ Plus your going to need a new style trigger bar spring.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I've heard of this.  Do you have personal experience, or a link to that?  Do you mean mainspring?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is why I love this place. Everything is working now! Time to try and squeeze these grips on now...

Love it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same issue the first time I installed one.
Tried the second time and got it working.
I like the E2 a lot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had the same issue the first time I installed one.
Tried the second time and got it working.
I like the E2 a lot.

Feels great in the hand. Need to take it to the range to make sure its functioning properly tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I've heard of this.  Do you have personal experience, or a link to that?  Do you mean mainspring?

Yeah I put E2 grips on my p229. If you have the old style trigger bar spring you need to get a new one. My sig is a mid 90's model. So I think its just older guns that need the spring.

Old style spring

New style spring
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I put E2 grips on my p229. If you have the old style trigger bar spring you need to get a new one. My sig is a mid 90's model. So I think its just older guns that need the spring.

Old style spring

New style spring

Guess I lucked out. Mines a 96.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old style spring

New style spring

OK, I searched for this, and got a few posts of people needing to do what you said.  Seemed like it's a grip fit issue with the old style spring.

What was your specific issue with the old spring?

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
With the old spring the grip will not sit flush on the frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top