Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 7:41:42 PM EDT
Picked up a 220ST todayat the funshow.  I got a super great deal on it and could not turn it down.  Anyway I didn't really want a stainless version because of the color.  So i am going to have it coated.  I need a tough finish in black.  Who makes the toughest finish coating for the price.  Need some no biased answers on this.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the purchase.  I have a 226ST and I love it.

I can't help you with where to refinish it, but I can say that the current finish is extremely durable and has withstoof some very hard use.  So unless you are dead set on it don't refinish it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get a tough Matte Black Teflon coat from this guy who specializes in Sigs. I haven't touched this finish first hand, but I like the combination of extreme protection and no glare black.

Baer or Wilson would probably be good bets as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Walter Birdsong's Black T finish is the best

WE Birdsong & Associates
1435 Monterey
Florence, MS 39073
(601) 939-7448

Roguard from Robar is second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top