Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 1:51:38 PM EDT
I just got in my Grauly Guns Pink + P springs and the Fat solid guide rod and just want to say damn. Talk about tightening up a Sig. I haven't shot it yet but I'm impressed with how solid it all feels. I use a P226 for competitions and will run this through  some training before I use it.

These new springs make the factory spring in it now feel like a wet noodle. The factory spring is getting close to 4k rounds on it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The 226 pistols I have that were built for competition in Germany have very short and light weight  springs. I just wonder if this will cause you sight float from the slamming home of the slide with a strong spring ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The 226 pistols I have that were built for competition in Germany have very short and light weight  springs. I just wonder if this will cause you sight float from the slamming home of the slide with a strong spring ?

Na, this is a stock P226R SCT, nothing competition about it other then I use it for competitions.  I shoot Tactical matches so 'Race' guns are frowned upon for the most part as we do a lot of running, jumping and crawling.  It's not uncommon to go home with blood on ya

I am gonna test them out before I use them though to see how they feel with the gun.  Other wise I will just store them for a rainy day

But will use the fat solid guide rod.  The stock plastic one has been fine but I'd rather have the metal rod in there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I always like a strong spring and have replaced the factory springs with the longer 226 springs. Alot of guys run the coiled springs backwards which open them up on both ends and then when you buy a used pistol you have a messed up coil. Springs of course are ammo related as to the power of the ammo and how they work, but a stronger spring is good to reduce wear if shooting the hot rounds. Keep us posted on how they work and good luck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always like a strong spring and have replaced the factory springs with the longer 226 springs. Alot of guys run the coiled springs backwards which open them up on both ends and then when you buy a used pistol you have a messed up coil. Springs of course are ammo related as to the power of the ammo and how they work, but a stronger spring is good to reduce wear if shooting the hot rounds. Keep us posted on how they work and good luck.

Yeah I will.  I am not shooting 'hot' loads though, I usually use 115gr FMJ BVAC ammo as it is cheap and comes in a 1k case.  But I like the idea of reduced frame battering and all that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Gray's rods are the best, IMHO.  Never tried a spring but I know everything they do is top notch!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

we are going to see some pics of this sir

to the OP, what weight are these?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we are going to see some pics of this sir

to the OP, what weight are these?

https://shop.grayguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=18&zenid=a8d15a3b3e956820276173217157e076

I don't actually know...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top