Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 5:00:49 PM EDT
I know there are many after market barrels that come extended with threads or ports, but does anyone know if they make a replacemant 9mm barrel for a 226 in 40 cal.?

I want the power of a 40cal but want to practice with a 9mm since ammo is cheeper. Also a 40cal slide Im assuming is stronger and can handle +p 9mm ammo.

has anyone tried it?
how does it work?
where can I find one and for how much?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Try efyfiredragon.com.....part#SS2269SB  139.99 ea , Found these when I was looking
for a Glock 9mm conversion for my model 32,   Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Try going here:    http://www.barsto.com/

I had one for my P229 in .40 S&W. Order the one that does not require a gunsmith to fit and you're ready to shoot 9mm in your .40. I say get the barrel that doesn't have to be finished because unless you are strictly target shooting, tolerances are very tight on the fitted barrel which may compromise your combat reliability if you ever had to use it with the 9mm barrel in it and conditions were not optimal. I had the great idea of getting the Bar-sto barrel for my P229 and then I would have a 3 caliber pistol, .40, .357 Sig, and 9mm. I was going to sell my P228 since the P229 would shoot 9mm but eventually I changed my mind. I always seem to regret it later if I sell a firearm that I liked but sold to get something else. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of my Century Arms FN-LAR that I purchased for $295 at a gunshow. I didn't like the way it looked and felt with the thumbhole stock and that it didn't have a flash suppressor. Now that ban has sunsetted, I ask myself, WHY!!!!!!!!!!    I decided to sell the Bar-sto barrel instead and keep the P228. It has the K-Kote finish on it which I don't see very often. Looks much better than the standard blued or nitron finish in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top