Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
want to get a Sig 226 in 9mm
also want it to be stainless but blued and with a rail
must be in DA/SA
any other things I should look for

will upgrade it with a dual sping rod system for even less recoil

Thats like saying you want a red car as long as it's black.  You can't blue a stainless gun.  You can have a stainless gun made black by either Black T or send it to ROBAR for blackening.  A stainless 226 with a rail is a 226ST.  Don't mess with the recoil at all.  A 226ST is heavy and recoils like a .357 revovler shooting light .38 Special loads.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info
will get one in about 2 weeks
I think they range from $750 to $800
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
want to get a Sig 226 in 9mm
also want it to be stainless but blued and with a rail
must be in DA/SA
any other things I should look for

will upgrade it with a dual sping rod system for even less recoil

Thats like saying you want a red car as long as it's black.  You can't blue a stainless gun.  You can have a stainless gun made black by either Black T or send it to ROBAR for blackening.  A stainless 226 with a rail is a 226ST.  Don't mess with the recoil at all.  A 226ST is heavy and recoils like a .357 revovler shooting light .38 Special loads.

The slides are stainless and coated with black like my new 228
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The slides are stainless and coated with black like my new 228

Yes ALL american made slides are stainless.  BUT the finish isn't blue it's a Nitron (very much like BlackT).  I repeat you cannot 'blue' stainless.  You can't blue stainless.  My Ernest Langdon 220ST below has a Nitron coated stainless slide.  You can send SIGs slides back to the factory for Nitron coating but I don't think they do frames.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of the domestically assembled ones have fireing control inserts in the slide try to find the full billet slide. IMHO they are better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Check OnPoint Firearms for good prices on Sigs.  IMO, there is no reason to go for the Stainless slide on a 9mm 226;  I think the old-style stamped slide is less top-heavy and gives up little/nothing in performance or reliability (and a couple hundred cheaper if you're not set on new).

Oops, just noticed that you wanted a rail, so disregard my ramblings.  OnPonit still has some of the best prices I've seen on new Sigs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC the poster wanted the lightest recoil a rail and wanted to change the recoil spring/guide to accomplish this.  Go with a 226ST and you have the best of both worlds.  The 226ST weighs 38.8oz and the 226 weighs 28.3oz.  That extra 10oz does wonders for recoil control.  I still suggest leaving the recoil spring and rod stock.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I just called my dealer and he has the Sig226R for $730
Seems to be a fair price compaired to other dealers in the area.
the 226R has a stainless slide but the frame is not
my question is;
   is it worth the extra money to get an all stainless pistol?
I guess it improves recoil due to it being heavier but its around $150 more
also the 40 and 9mm are the same price
my other question is what cal?
  Im leaning toward 9mm because ammo is less and +p JHP rounds are as effective as 45cal
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#11]
what about an aftermarket barrel with ports or MB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top