Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2002 7:07:33 AM EDT
I just picked up a couple of Sig P226 9mm pistols....First, are the 15 round magazines the best ones to buy? I am looking for the standard length mags, not extended length. Secondly, I am looking for some reliable accurate ammo...Should I buy Federal Gold Medal, Federal EFMJ, or Milspec? What is the best Milspec ammo & where can I get it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The factory 15rd mags are the ones that fit flush.  The 20rd mag sticks out the bottom a ways.  There's not really much in the way of ammo that the gun won't like as long as it's quality.  I've used it all and not really noticed much difference in performance.  I buy S&B by the case and it works fine.  I'd just go to the gunshow and get good quality ammo.  I would recommend against Wolf or other steel case ammo, as it just seems that would wear stuff out faster.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it..
I have 2 more questions, first, what are the three white dots on the top of the siglight Tritium sights for? You can see them from looking at the top of the pistol.
Second, can I buy a Sig Arms pistol rug somewhere? (a nice factory carry case with magazine holders)
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have 2 more questions, first, what are the three white dots on the top of the siglight Tritium sights for? You can see them from looking at the top of the pistol.
Second, can I buy a Sig Arms pistol rug somewhere? (a nice factory carry case with magazine holders)

They tell you the height of the sight.  They sell different heights of sights so you can zero the elevation of your pistol.  I don't know the details of what is what though.

As for the pistol rug, I suppose you could e-mail Sigarms, or check their website for that sorta thing.  Auction sites may have them, or you can always look at gunshows.  I think you'll have to actually search for that one.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The night sights you have are the european model. The white dots on the top are actually filler in holes. On the european night sights there is a hole to let the air out as the tritium tube is inserted. Then they fill the holes. Most US manufacturers us a larger insert hole that allows the air to escape around the tritium tube and then fill the void with adheasive. The european method locate the dots more precisely, but the difference is so minute that it is not desernable to the eye.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The night sights you have are the european model. The white dots on the top are actually filler in holes. On the european night sights there is a hole to let the air out as the tritium tube is inserted. Then they fill the holes. Most US manufacturers us a larger insert hole that allows the air to escape around the tritium tube and then fill the void with adheasive. The european method locate the dots more precisely, but the difference is so minute that it is not desernable to the eye.

DOH! I'm wrong again!  I could have sworn Sig had different height sights.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my questions...Its greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not wrong. SiG does have different heighth sights. But they mark them with the mm height on the side.

DOH! I'm wrong again!  I could have sworn Sig had different height sights.

Ross

You wern't wrong. SiG does have them in different heights. They mark the height in mm on the side.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Mec-Gar, the current maker of Sig factory mags, makes 15 and 17rd mags that function flawlessly.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top