Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2011 4:22:41 PM EDT
just wonder how everyone like this gun ,i really like the copperhead model. any problems.A guy there was saying he feeding issues with  his & was in the process of trading it in
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
P238 is gtg. Awesome little gun. I have two and have bought two as gifts. Never had a problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot mine today with four different style magazines.  A 6rd factory Sig, a 7rd factory Sig, an aftermarket 7rd mag and a aftermarket 10rd mag.  The Sig mags fed good.  The others, not so much.  Numerous stove pipes, FTE and lockups.

Ammo was S&B 92gr ball.
Link Posted: 2/20/2011 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one and I've been Very pleased with it. The accuracy from it is pretty amazing considering I'm the one shooting it...
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Love mine.  Excellent little gun.

You cant go wrong with Factory Mags.  Consider them an expense worth bearing.  

Mine Feeds Blazer Brass All day long for Practice;  Likes Hornady Critical Defense too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2011 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9120040242
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with everything everyone else says.  One thing i would complain about is when i carry in my back pocket with a pocket holster i can accidentally depress the magazine release.  i know people with LCPs dont have this problem.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#7]
It's really the only sub-compact .380 that's worth a damn.  Those on a budget will get the Kel-Tec and Ruger (I've owned them both), but many will eventually move up to or save the money in the first place for the P238.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice pistol I like mine.
Dave
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The P238 is levels above any other pocket 380 in all departments.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#10]
My buddy owns one that he carries frequently. It works now, but was a turd when he bought it. I don't want to go through what he did in order to make it run (admitedly, it is a nice gun, and the odds of me getting another steamer is slim, but still...) so I'm going to wait for the new Mustang.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My buddy owns one that he carries frequently. It works now, but was a turd when he bought it. I don't want to go through what he did in order to make it run (admitedly, it is a nice gun, and the odds of me getting another steamer is slim, but still...) so I'm going to wait for the new Mustang.

The difference between the new and old Mustang is the old was a cast frame and slide and the new one is made from barstock. The Mustang and P238 where exactly the same internally when Sig first made the P238. The main problems people where having with them stemmed from using a weak recoil spring(like the Mustang) and Mustang followers in the mags. Since going to a slope/dimple follower, stronger recoil spring and a few tweaked internals, the P238 is much better. Unless Colt let Sig do the R&D for them and copy what changes they made it will start off with the flaws Sig eventually fixed. I'm interested in seeing the "new" Mustang mags and internals to know if Colt did just that. Its why the Colt mags and parts fit into the P238. That stainless trigger I added will fit either model.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
COMPLETE JUNK GUN. i traded mine back to sig for a 522 and alot of goodies and never looked back.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
COMPLETE JUNK GUN. i traded mine back to sig for a 522 and alot of goodies and never looked back.

Me and others have reliable P238's.  For others who might be interested please elaborate on your problems: ammo used, old or new style magazine, first run production model, ftf/fte, etc. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been extremely happy with mine.  Apparently there were some issues early in production, but obviously it's been resolved.  I would not hesitate to buy another.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me and others have reliable P238's.  For others who might be interested please elaborate on your problems: ammo used, old or new style magazine, first run production model, ftf/fte, etc. Thanks.
.380 sas $670 4/12/2010 born on date. gun came with 2nd gen mag no dimple. ftf fte stove piping [f to fire] and crushed recoil springs twice after 200rds ammo you name the brand i tryed everything in ball and in hp. first time back to sig. 3rd gen mag new wolfe recoil spring 11lbs. 2nd time around [f to fire] and stove piping. back to sig. new recoil spring new exstactor polished feed ramp. back to range for testing gun worked 80% stovepiping. sent back to sig and traded for 522. hell guys go to the sig forum and start reading 20 pages of the same problems.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Love mine. its my work carry pistol (off work carry is a M&P9c). ive polished the feed ramp and entire barrel, added some rubber grip tape to the grips. just picked up the Colt Mustang mag at a local shop for $10!

i had an LCP but like the Sig much better. Much more accurate.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.380 sas $670 4/12/2010 born on date. gun came with 2nd gen mag no dimple. ftf fte stove piping [f to fire] and crushed recoil springs twice after 200rds ammo you name the brand i tryed everything in ball and in hp. first time back to sig. 3rd gen mag new wolfe recoil spring 11lbs. 2nd time around [f to fire] and stove piping. back to sig. new recoil spring new exstactor polished feed ramp. back to range for testing gun worked 80% stovepiping. sent back to sig and traded for 522. hell guys go to the sig forum and start reading 20 pages of the same problems.  

Wow, i'd hate the gun too!  I've put 3 boxes through mine and haven't had a hiccup once.  I guess it really is hit or miss with some P238's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I like mine but I'll trade it in when Colt releases the Mustang again. I'll keep my spare Sig magazine, though. The new Sig follower is really an awesome design for this gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top