Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 7:39:44 AM EDT
I ordered 5 of the Sig 226 DEMO mags from, CDNN investments on thursday night after they were closed, today they were on my doorstep. Amazingly fast service.  All the mags look amazing. They came in the plastic bags, they all have sig/made in germany stamped on them, and they all look like they are brand new! Of course they say LE/govt, only, but I don't care.

Great deal for a little over 100 bucks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered and received 5, too.  4 were the nice ones you describe and the 5th was blued and a bit worn.  Also ordered some Beretta ones and they were not as nice.

Have you ever noticed that the little bags and inserts are all the same when you order from CDNN?  Whether you order Beretta, Sig, S&W, etc. that are all blue, grey, and white and say 'factory original accessories.'  I ordered some S&W ones that had non-S&W floorplates that make me unhappy -- especially as I thought they were supposed to be original S&W.

CDNN delivery times are excellent.

Ken
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't expect them to be the bags sig sends their mags in. I would expect that they are all the same bag but with different stickers for distinguishing mags from eachother.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
my 5 came yesterday!  They were all in sig bags.  The funny thing is 4 were factory sig and one appeared to be a mec-gar with sig markings.  They were all in great shape, only one looked like it had much use.  I would highly recommend them to anyone!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my 5 came yesterday!  They were all in sig bags.  The funny thing is 4 were factory sig and one appeared to be a mec-gar with sig markings.  They were all in great shape, only one looked like it had much use.  I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mec-Gar make Sig's factory mags?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

Dave
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear that they do, but this one is clearly different from the rest.  I will post pics to compare soon.

Mec-Gar magazine is on the left.  Notice the differences.  The Mec-Gar is shiny blue and the round count holes are on the side not the back.
http://pics.montypics.com/cooterbrown/2004-09-26/1096247657_sigcomparison.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/cooterbrown/2004-09-26/1096247838_sigcomp2.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/cooterbrown/2004-09-26/1096247958_sigcomp3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the mags are definatley different.

I have a question about my mags though. These are the first factory Sig mags that I have ever had, the one that came with the gun was a USA *gasp* magazine. Anyway, when the factory mags are loaded fully, the rounds will slightly rattle around inside the mag. This doesn't happen with the USA mag. Is that normal?

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one genuine sig magazine that binds up sometimes and the ammo will rattle inside sometimes.  I haven't taken it apart yet to see what is going on.  I couldn't tell you if it is normal or not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The magazines for my P239 look much more similar to the one on the left in that pic above. They're all factory mags though, the 8rd mag that came with the gun looks identical to the 10rd mags I have. They all look like the one armalite_OG called the "Mec-Gar" one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]
i guess i dont have your luck, mine were mecgar. when i let them know about it they said that's what comes with the guns NIB. they did exchange some but not all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Mec Gar does make the OEM sig mags, and they are as nice as it gets.  You don't see them on the market much because they have a no compete agreement with sig for selling mags the the public.  LE can order MecGars from MecGar, I believe.  Hey everyone, P226 mags are down to about $20!!!!!!!  Thank GOD!!!  And the House of Reps.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
CDNN is the best, I picked up a couple 12rnd mags for my 2430. While it isn't my carry piece, it felt nice to pick up mags for a 'post-ban' gun that weren't limited to 10rnds. Plus, for factory mags you can't beat their prices.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Mec Gar DOES sell to the public.  I just ordered some mags from them yesterday that CDNN didn't have.  Here is theie Sig page:  www.mec-gar.com/product.html]

Ken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top