Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:57:48 PM EDT
What is the suggested retail price?  and where can it be bought?

Also, what do people think of the DAK constant 6.5 lb trigger pull?  It sounds really really good to me...but I would like to hear opinions from people who have used it.

Also, how many of you think that the P229/this is acceptable size/weight for a IWB CCW?

edit--all my questions have been answered
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Love the DAK...it...along with the H&K LEM... is the future for modern hammer fired pistols...or at least until something better comes along, which will take some real doing in the cased of the DAK. Have zero idea about prices on the 229R-DAK but I can say that, for me, the 229 is too thick for a CCW handgun unless I can wear it OWB and not inside.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply ikor.  I handled the P239 and P229 today at my local gunstore.  The only difference in size that I could notice was the thickness which you mentioned.  I found it much easier to grip the 229 because of this, as well as the fact that the 239 grip seemed a little shorter in the front so that my pinky was sliding off.  The 229 is only 0.3 inches thicker but I think I will go with that anyway simply because it is so much more comfortable in my hand.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Be advised that as of now, the DAK system is only availabe in the 226 and 229 series.  It'll be a while before any other Sig gets this system, as it may require a redesign of the frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top