Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2011 7:36:43 AM EDT
What do you guys use for holsters with your Tac Ops?  I have a friend who's picking his pistol up tomorrow and is looking at holster options.  He has a TLR1 he is going to mount on it, so he needs light bearing holster options.  

He says he's not finding this pistol listed anywhere as a model holster makers produce.  Maybe because of the light?  I don't know.  Anyways, what do you guys use?

Pics would be great if you have them also please!  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran the same set up on duty.  Tell your buddy he bought a solid gun that no one makes holsters for.  Actually there are a few options, but you have to look real hard.  I ran a Safariland 6004 on a drop leg for operations, it ran about 100 bucks.  For low profile operations I ran it in a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster made for a standard 1911 equipped with a TLR.  Stock the holster will not fit properly, but you can force it in.  Then take a heat gun and with just a little heat you can recontor the holster to work perfectly.  Just be careful not to use too much heat, and use a gloved finger to press the kydex into shape.  The good thing is you can't really mess this up.  If it the holster ends up being too tight just hit it with heat and it will loosen back up.  Unless you melt somthing your gtg.

When i didn't want to run a light and needed some type of retention, I wrapped the gun up iin a single layer of butcher paper, a grocery bag works well too, then shoved it into a Blackhawk CQC and again applied heat to it untill it gave slightly.  Once the kydex cooled off I removed the gun, unwrapped the paper, and then it slid into the holster like it was made for it.  I hate to have to go through these efforts, but sometimes you have to make your equippment work for you.  Good luck Soilder.

Bladetec also makes both dropleg as well as hip holsters for the gun with or without a light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top