Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 11:13:29 AM EDT
I found a Sig 229R .22 today at the Salem gun show for $469 and just couldn't turn it down.. I think I did well on the price based on what im finding online (especially if i have to pay s/h and a ffl transfer fee)

Got a couple questions though..

1) Being that it is a P229R - do any holsters I look at really need to be specifically for the railed version or will they fit both versions. it seems to be a lot more version that just say P229.  

2) i am confused on the conversion to 9/40/357 - I found this wording on more than 1 website and dont understand exactly what it means  "Sig Sauer 22 LR 229R Full Size Frame To Converts To 9MM/Black Nitron Finish. These are P229R conversions  from 22 LR to 40cal/357 S&W. This offer will be available  with a coupon to buy the 40/357S&W slide, barrel, spring guide and magazine for an unbelievable price."

why does it state the 9mm and 40/357 conversions separately?  

I did not find a coupon in my paperwork yet, or it is sent later?

what is the special deal?

is the coupon only for the 40/357 conversions?

Thanks

Brian
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Coupon was in the box with my P-220-22.
It's not that good a deal. You can do better either GB or other online search.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
1-some fit railed frames and some do not. You may have to try the fit. If its made for non-railed then it will not fit a railed one––––properly.

2-the .22 229 classic uses the standard 229 frame. You can get either a converson kit that has a 9mm slide or a kit that has a 40/357 slide. You can change the barrel on a 357/40 slide to either 40 or 357. You can not put a 357/40 barrel in a 9mm slide. Some after market barrel makers also make a 9mm barrel that with fit a 40/357 slide but Sig does not make these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top