Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2004 9:28:11 AM EDT
So it looks like the AWB is actualy going to go away next month!  It has been a l-o-n-g 10 years, lets hope this silly BS never happens again.

Anyway, will I be able to get 13 round (original capacity) mags for my Glock 23 at any gun store?  Will the dealers be charging more because the demand is there?  Retail for the present 10 round mag is $20, the original capacity should go for the same price right?

I wonder if the manufacturers are building them up to have a good inventory when they will be legal for us mere civilians?  Probably too risky in this tempermental political climate.   Pistols like the Glock 17 will become much more practical with full capacity mags.   What will the stores do with pistols in inventory that have 10 round mags in the box?  I sure as hell would not pay full price for a G17 with two 10 rounders when it should be fitted with a pair of 17 round mags.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, normal capacity magazines will be available
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yes, normal capacity magazines will be available

What he said.

As far as the other questions go, who knows?  Most manufacturers never stopped making full capacity mags as they are legal everywhere else but in the US civilian market.  

Who knows, maybe the neutered mags will end up being collector's items!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Of course they'll be available.   And all the ones that are marked LEO only will be legal for anyone to own and use, too.    

CJ

Great!  I was wondering about the LEO mags for civilians.  Thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Of course they'll be available.   And all the ones that are marked LEO only will be legal for anyone to own and use, too.    

CJ

is this not the most cool thing, i bet dianne and co is having a cow, maybee the stress and pressure will get the best of her, i am thinking it would be cool to see her snap, or jump off a bridge with her ak47
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm just hoping she and her cronies just stroke out.   Code 99.

CJ

+1

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Top Glock is taking pre-orders on "normal" capacity mags.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Im planning on hoarding alot of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Im planning on hoarding alot of them.

sop for a lot of us
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at them prices!

www.topglock.com/catalog/sunset.htm

this is the one that amazes me:

Beta-C mag for M16/AR15 100 rnds BLACK Each C-MAG System contains the following:  C-MAG Magazine, Dust Cover, Pouch, Loader, Screwdriver Tool, Graphite Lubricant, and Technical Manual.  see picture
$239.95
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who knows, maybe the neutered mags will end up being collector's items!

some states are still screwed even after the federal ban.  The 10 rounders also come in handy for IDPA, even though you could just download a full-cap.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at them prices!

I don't think the Glock mag prices are that bad considering that new 10 rounders retail for $19.95.  Also when you consider that just a few months ago G17 - 17 rounders were being sold for $60-$80 each I think $27 is pretty good.  IMHO gone are the days of cheap magazines. I don't think we'll ever seen Glock "normal" capacity mags fall below $20 and I don't think we'll see AR mags fall below $16.  I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at them prices!

I don't think the Glock mag prices are that bad considering that new 10 rounders retail for $19.95.  Also when you consider that just a few months ago G17 - 17 rounders were being sold for $60-$80 each I think $27 is pretty good.  IMHO gone are the days of cheap magazines. I don't think we'll ever seen Glock "normal" capacity mags fall below $20 and I don't think we'll see AR mags fall below $16.  I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

hmmmm....I took his post to mean that he was talking about the low prices....
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at them prices!

hmmmm....I took his post to mean that he was talking about the low prices....

OH, my bad

Move along, nothing to see here

Wolfpack I hope you know I wasn't trying to argue with you either way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
There is no reason for mag prices to be $27. Standard cap mags should go down to the same prices as 10 rounders are now, that is $17-$20. Think of all the thousands of currently restricted mags that will once again be legal for us to purchase.

I have 100+on order for around $20 each. No, they're not all for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Duobletap Ammo (http://www.doubletapammo.com) is selling them for $22 a mag, $20 for 10 or more. Considering the mags retail (to LE) for $14.95, at $20-$22, the guy is covering his butt. At $27 each.... well, you figure it out.
DT Ammo is also NOT charging your credit card until the mags actually ship.

Randy
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Duobletap Ammo (www.doubletapammo.com) is selling them for $22 a mag, $20 for 10 or more. Considering the mags retail (to LE) for $14.95, at $20-$22, the guy is covering his butt. At $27 each.... well, you figure it out.
DT Ammo is also NOT charging your credit card until the mags actually ship.

Randy

Made link hot.

Thanks for the heads up Randy!
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#22]
After the ban expires, law enforcement restricted magazines will be legal to own by anyone ( where states do not prohibit ) . Something to think about is that some of the dealers pre-selling mags are advertising that they have stocked over 1000 mags to prepare for the expiration of the ban. I can only assume that they are stockpiling LE restricted marked mags. Although this will be legal for anyone to own, there is always the chance of encountering the police officer that doesn't know that the ban expired. Probably trivial info and most of you won't mind, but I am wondering if it's worth even the chance of a hassle. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
After the ban expires, law enforcement restricted magazines will be legal to own by anyone ( where states do not prohibit ) . Something to think about is that some of the dealers pre-selling mags are advertising that they have stocked over 1000 mags to prepare for the expiration of the ban. I can only assume that they are stockpiling LE restricted marked mags. Although this will be legal for anyone to own, there is always the chance of encountering the police officer that doesn't know that the ban expired. Probably trivial info and most of you won't mind, but I am wondering if it's worth even the chance of a hassle. What do you guys think?

I will probably stay away from LEO stamped magazines or use them for the range only.  Mostly because I'm too lazy to deal with an uninformed Police Officer if the situation ever arose.  If I find a good deal on them then sure but I won't actively pursue LEO stamped mags.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I also found that fourfourmag.com has glock pre owned (LE) and new standard capacity magazines for sale now commerateing the fall of that crap of a bill. Good prices of $22 for standard magazines and really cheap leo magazines. They also have mags so for for sig, and the new hk M16 mag.h.gif
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I also found that fourfourmag.com has glock pre owned (LE) and new standard capacity magazines for sale now commerateing the fall of that crap of a bill. Good prices of $22 for standard magazines and really cheap leo magazines. They also have mags so for for sig, and the new hk M16 mag.

Just so you are aware, fourfourmag.com does not have a good reputation around here.  Buyer Beware!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I would also prefer non LEO marked mags, may take a little longer to show up, but probably not much longer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd volunteer to be arrested over this just so I could sue the CRAP out of the city, DA and the cop just for being STUPID! When the dust settled, I'd rename the city Bigcountryville, bitchslap the DA for trying to punk me, and call the cop to have him deliver my pizza (on his bicyclehat) would be akin to trying to enforce Prohibition regulations today. Wake up people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#28]
lonewolfdist.com is taking orders for post AWB magazines. I ordered several at about $20.00 each for 17 round for my G17. Just go to the LEO area of the site and order what you want. They will send them out after Sep 14. Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top