Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2010 4:38:29 PM EDT
40 Watt iron, custom tip, now the gun feels furry from the plastic sticking up.  Shooting Wednesday night.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you meant plasma pistol, 40-watt range.

Nice.   Is it more "grippy", or "tacky" than it was before?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I started out stippling the side of mine but found that I got better results be redoing the front and backstraps of the pistol.  

That said you work looks really clean man.  Might want to knock it down a bit to keep your shirt from sticking to it but it does look good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nice.   Is it more "grippy", or "tacky" than it was before?

It is more "grippy", almost feels like 220 grit sand paper.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That said you work looks really clean man.  Might want to knock it down a bit to keep your shirt from sticking to it but it does look good.

Thanks, actually if a t-shirt will stick to it then I've achieved my objective.  This is a competition only pistol, it won't be supporting my CCW.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
how did you do it so straight?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The original texture has some pretty straight lines to start with, so...

I too prefer fore/aft texturing, but it is looking good!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 1:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Not bad, kind of looks like RTF2 on the side.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll put up a "before" picture tonight.  The pattern looks like window screen was heated into the plastic and then lifted off of the plastic - raising tini hairs of plastic as a result of the lifting, once cooled you have a firm "furry" feel that is not as abrasive as 220 sandpaper.  Need a magnifying glass to show it or your hand to feel it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
looks good
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Shot the pistol last night - Glock 20 with a SW40 barrel - nice, very nice.  The gun was always firm in my hand as in not moving around.  Very happy I did this, thinking of doing it to my CCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top