Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2010 1:32:27 PM EDT
And I REALLY like it! I didn't bother installing either of the two backstraps as I love the feel of it stock. It fit's prefect in my hand. I have read on here that GLOCK updated the recoil spring and marked them, but mine is unmarked, so I guess I got a 1st. Gen. 4 lol. I'll await for the revised single spring recoil assembly from GLOCK, or a quality aftermarket assembly. I have read several threads that the trigger can make assembly of the slide a bit difficult, hence some installing Gen. 3 trigger assemblies. I noticed that if the recoil spring isn't  straight, then assembly can be a little difficult. I did this several times, and screwed up once, but I don't think I'll update it to the Gen 3 trigger assy, only because the revised single recoil spring should prevent this problem, or I hope that it does, but it isn't a major one IMO. I asked about the Gen. 4 GLOCK 19, and they'll have some of those next week, though there are a few on GB. In any event, haven't fired it yet, more than likely in a day or two. Overall, a nice feeling GLOCK.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats on your purchase.

let's see some pictures!

i'm looking forward to your full range report.

that being said, the gen4s have yet to grow on me. i guess i'm one of those "if it's not broke, don't fix it" kind of guys. i understand what Glock was trying to do with the gen4s, and it sounded good in theory, but i still prefer the gen3s. i guess the gen4s really appeal to southpaws and individuals with smaller hands. i just hope the gen3 doesn't go away anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Congrats!

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock will send you an "02" recoil assembly for free if you ask for it.  I haven't used mine yet because mine runs fine with the original.....with any ammunition I've tried.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good.....I am waiting to see what they are going to do with the G21.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a Gen4 17 today.

The grips feel slimmer and better, I like it, like the new texture too.

Ill have to shoot my old one and the Gen4 back to back to see if there really is much of a difference in recoil with the new spring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just picked up a Gen4 17 today.

The grips feel slimmer and better, I like it, like the new texture too.

Ill have to shoot my old one and the Gen4 back to back to see if there really is much of a difference in recoil with the new spring.

I think you'll notice it.

I love my gen 4, I personally feel they did it right.  I love the recoil characteristics and the new grip.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a Gen 4 19, and now I really want a Gen 4 17.  I already have a Gen 2 17, which I thought about trading in on one, but then I remembered I promised myself not to let go of any more guns since I always seem to regret it later.  So I'll have to wait for the buying impulse to overcome my fiscal restraint,  (Shouldn't take too long.)

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think it will be necessary for you to get an 02 recoil assembly. If you're afraid of some stovepipes with cheap range ammo, then it might be good. But with self-defense and NATO-spec ammo, it will be good to go. I'm not saying to use only high-quality ammo, just that some immediate action drills at the range won't kill you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I really like the Gen4 G17 as well. The large backstrap, grip texture, and larger mag release solve all the issues I've ever had with the G17. Haven't had any problems with my unmarked recoil spring.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:56:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats on the purchase!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top