Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2004 11:21:23 AM EDT
Has any one used the Scherer Replacement Mag Tube for a Glock 21 ?
If so, what were the results ??  Send info to: [email protected]

Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
     I have used the Scherrer replacement mag bodies in Glock 22 and 35.  I use Glock followers and Wolff extra power springs.  Never a problem, they run just like the factory mags.  I got them from Brownell's and they were cheaper than most places but I would wait until the AWB sunsets and get factory mags.  They will be less expensive.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used the .40S&W ones in a Glock 32.  I had to trim genuine Glock followers a little to allow them to travel high enough in the mag tube to engage the slide catch.  After that they were 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Add 1, I've tried the replacements from Scherer for the G22. (Sorry, it's appears you'll need to be the G21 gopher)  Overall, I'm satisfied with their performance.

I did not need to do any follower trimming as others have experienced.  The witness holes were clean and the inside of the tube was smooth.  Can't recall having a single malfunction in over several hundred rounds of firing. YMMV.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a couple bodies when they first came out.  There were NOT drop free, and felt flimsy.  They were hard to load, and not 100% reliable.  I returned them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top